2021 AZ Bull

Marine4life

My sister lives in Phoenix and has been putting in for AZ elk for several years. She has a bit of experience elk hunting and has killed a few elk when she lived in NM. After not drawing she decided she just wanted elk meat so in 2020 she used her 7 points and drew an antlerless permit for 7W. I went out and hunted with her in December but unfortunately we didn’t punch her tag.

For the 2021 draw I told her she might as well put in for a good bull hunt as her first choice and then a cow tag for second. She called me to tell me her CC was hit but we both assumed it was another cow tag. Needless to say we were very surprised and excited when we found out it was the early rifle bull hunt. I with drew my WY app so I could go to AZ to hunt with her.

We scouted for 3 days prior to the season while trying not to mess anything for all the bowhunters. We seen a lot of nice bulls but nothing great. She ended up taking this nice herd bull the second day as we worked our way between 3 different bulls bugling back and forth. It was one of the most exciting hunts I have been on in a long time.
D7CEE65C-E3B8-4404-858E-C42DD3B147ED.jpeg
47AA0EDF-E3F1-4192-BB69-8AFB4BC7CF0C.jpeg

Congrats to your sister on a great bull! I’m sure she appreciated having your help especially when it was time to pack him out! Great memories for the two of you great job!

Horniac

My sister lives in Phoenix and has been putting in for AZ elk for several years. She has a bit of experience elk hunting and has killed a few elk when she lived in NM. After not drawing she decided she just wanted elk meat so in 2020 she used her 7 points and drew an antlerless permit for 7W. I went out and hunted with her in December but unfortunately we didn’t punch her tag.

For the 2021 draw I told her she might as well put in for a good bull hunt as her first choice and then a cow tag for second. She called me to tell me her CC was hit but we both assumed it was another cow tag. Needless to say we were very surprised and excited when we found out it was the early rifle bull hunt. I with drew my WY app so I could go to AZ to hunt with her.

We scouted for 3 days prior to the season while trying not to mess anything for all the bowhunters. We seen a lot of nice bulls but nothing great. She ended up taking this nice herd bull the second day as we worked our way between 3 different bulls bugling back and forth. It was one of the most exciting hunts I have been on in a long time.
View attachment 56342View attachment 56343
Awesome

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom