2021 Central Oregon mule deer raffle tag

Eastern Half of the Fort Rock, and Paulina units in November. Numbers are way down in all units, but there are some giants still. Pine Mountain, to China Hat, to Cabin Lake and you should find a shooter. But if you have the time....it would be cool to shoot one in Velvet.

I'm second alternate for this tag. Are you sure you don't want to give it up???. Wait for November. Hunt the interstate!!

The deer in the interstate migrate to the California border. I would focus on the southern part of that unit. There will be the youth interstate hunters at the same time though. Google interstate youth hunt and you might find some pics.

Rich

You have the best raffle tag for deer out there in my opinion. The south East being a close second. I would focus my efforts as somebody else said in the fort rock, silver lake and juniper unit in November. You won’t have much for competition or hunting pressure. I think maybe a muzzle loader season in juniper unit. There is a lot of very open country for glassing and a good chance at finding a old mature buck.

You have the best raffle tag for deer out there in my opinion. The south East being a close second. I would focus my efforts as somebody else said in the fort rock, silver lake and juniper unit in November. You won’t have much for competition or hunting pressure. I think maybe a muzzle loader season in juniper unit. There is a lot of very open country for glassing and a good chance at finding a old mature buck.
The Juniper muzzle loader season is gone as of 2020. I've seen some great bucks crossing out of the Malheur refuge into the Juniper unit during the rut but the last few years the pickings have been slim.

Any tips or help welcomed.
I have been hunting the area for 30 plus years and live in Lapine. I drew the 177 Fort Rock this year for the 11th year running. We also Do a yearly Cougar camp in the area in February. If you need any ideas for the areas to look. I have spent many months worth of days in your hunt area. Just PM me for my Email for some Ideas.

I have been hunting the area for 30 plus years and live in Lapine. I drew the 177 Fort Rock this year for the 11th year running. We also Do a yearly Cougar camp in the area in February. If you need any ideas for the areas to look. I have spent many months worth of days in your hunt area. Just PM me for my Email for some Ideas.
I'm not sure how to send a PM.
My number is 530 559 2211 chet

I have the muzzle loader tag for east fort rock and silver lake and have been hunting hard and haven’t been able to find very much sign or very many deer

Right now the Mature bucks are still in the thickets. Moving generally east. In the Fort Rock unit. The active bucks will be on the ridges checking for early migrating hot doe. I would look around Tea Table mountain and the ridges east.

Back
Top Bottom