2021 Colorado Buck

COPLAINSHNTR

Blessed is an understatement!!! What an incredible journey. So this story goes back to last year, a great friend of mines wife had a tag and we knew this buck was around. The night we found him where we had permission to hunt she was on her way out of town. She later took a great buck. Now, last year I knew he was special but when I first laid eyes on him this year he had the “WOW” factor. I first seen him in July of this year and kept track of him as best that I could with the busy summer. Since fall rolled around and we have been gone a lot, keeping track of him has been impossible. After we returned from elk season I spent a good deal of time looking for him but hadn’t seen him since September 20th. I was almost sure that he was gone, or had been hit by a car. This weekend was all about Wyatt deer hunting and Halloween so I didn’t really spend much of the opener looking and even when I did I didn’t have a gun with me! ?‍♂️Last night Marshall and I went for a spin and seen quite a few bucks but not the “one”, he was pretty irritated with me that I wouldn’t shoot a decent 4 point that we seen last night. But he wasn’t the “one”. The boys, I think were thinking “dad is crazy”. Anyhow, we got home today and had to doctor a sick calf, since we had everything ready I just wound up giving all the calves shots while we were at it. It was about 5 and I really didn’t have much motivation but I told the boys “let’s go do some looking”. It started out as more of the same, all the places I had seen him and he was nowhere to be found. We went down the road a ways and Wyatt spotted some deer. As soon as we parked the truck Wyatt said “it’s him dad”. My heart started going a million miles an hour! Wyatt was making fun of me for shaking! After a phone call was made to get permission I was able to take this absolutely magnificent buck, probably the biggest deer I’ll ever take!!! What an amazing evening, and the best part is both boys were there to see “crazy” old dad take him!!
FCF88031-BAD6-4679-A092-6D11CAEB1A7A.jpeg
7DFC8842-A499-46ED-B782-E5C539745C85.jpeg
9C4F4A53-E329-41E0-A924-8C5BA142C1E2.jpeg
2CE1277B-D2CE-4D80-A197-0B1CA7FFC1B4.jpeg
492DD276-FDE9-4C49-B6E2-8D1866FBB982.jpeg

Blessed is an understatement!!! What an incredible journey. So this story goes back to last year, a great friend of mines wife had a tag and we knew this buck was around. The night we found him where we had permission to hunt she was on her way out of town. She later took a great buck. Now, last year I knew he was special but when I first laid eyes on him this year he had the “WOW” factor. I first seen him in July of this year and kept track of him as best that I could with the busy summer. Since fall rolled around and we have been gone a lot, keeping track of him has been impossible. After we returned from elk season I spent a good deal of time looking for him but hadn’t seen him since September 20th. I was almost sure that he was gone, or had been hit by a car. This weekend was all about Wyatt deer hunting and Halloween so I didn’t really spend much of the opener looking and even when I did I didn’t have a gun with me! ?‍♂️Last night Marshall and I went for a spin and seen quite a few bucks but not the “one”, he was pretty irritated with me that I wouldn’t shoot a decent 4 point that we seen last night. But he wasn’t the “one”. The boys, I think were thinking “dad is crazy”. Anyhow, we got home today and had to doctor a sick calf, since we had everything ready I just wound up giving all the calves shots while we were at it. It was about 5 and I really didn’t have much motivation but I told the boys “let’s go do some looking”. It started out as more of the same, all the places I had seen him and he was nowhere to be found. We went down the road a ways and Wyatt spotted some deer. As soon as we parked the truck Wyatt said “it’s him dad”. My heart started going a million miles an hour! Wyatt was making fun of me for shaking! After a phone call was made to get permission I was able to take this absolutely magnificent buck, probably the biggest deer I’ll ever take!!! What an amazing evening, and the best part is both boys were there to see “crazy” old dad take him!!View attachment 57357View attachment 57358View attachment 57359View attachment 57360View attachment 57361
Awesome buck and experience with your boys! Congrats!

Blessed is an understatement!!! What an incredible journey. So this story goes back to last year, a great friend of mines wife had a tag and we knew this buck was around. The night we found him where we had permission to hunt she was on her way out of town. She later took a great buck. Now, last year I knew he was special but when I first laid eyes on him this year he had the “WOW” factor. I first seen him in July of this year and kept track of him as best that I could with the busy summer. Since fall rolled around and we have been gone a lot, keeping track of him has been impossible. After we returned from elk season I spent a good deal of time looking for him but hadn’t seen him since September 20th. I was almost sure that he was gone, or had been hit by a car. This weekend was all about Wyatt deer hunting and Halloween so I didn’t really spend much of the opener looking and even when I did I didn’t have a gun with me! ?‍♂️Last night Marshall and I went for a spin and seen quite a few bucks but not the “one”, he was pretty irritated with me that I wouldn’t shoot a decent 4 point that we seen last night. But he wasn’t the “one”. The boys, I think were thinking “dad is crazy”. Anyhow, we got home today and had to doctor a sick calf, since we had everything ready I just wound up giving all the calves shots while we were at it. It was about 5 and I really didn’t have much motivation but I told the boys “let’s go do some looking”. It started out as more of the same, all the places I had seen him and he was nowhere to be found. We went down the road a ways and Wyatt spotted some deer. As soon as we parked the truck Wyatt said “it’s him dad”. My heart started going a million miles an hour! Wyatt was making fun of me for shaking! After a phone call was made to get permission I was able to take this absolutely magnificent buck, probably the biggest deer I’ll ever take!!! What an amazing evening, and the best part is both boys were there to see “crazy” old dad take him!!View attachment 57357View attachment 57358View attachment 57359View attachment 57360View attachment 57361
You can't shoot big bucks like that if you shoot little ones first
Way to go Dad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom