2021 UTAH Sportsmans tag holders elk, 420+

JakeH

Long Time Member
I figured this needed it's own post. Rather then hijacking that other post.

Screenshot_20210904-094748_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210904-094828_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210904-094841_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210904-094852_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210904-094906_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210904-094920_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210904-094943_Instagram.jpg

Enjoy it...or bad mouth it... that seems to be all some can do, either way there it is.

How does it not bother you?
What is bothersome? should they not have shot the bull????

The guy is literally relaying the story as it happened should he have lied and just made up some fairy tale about how it all went down?

Sounds to me like they made a sound decision to leave the bull overnight because they was unsure of how well he was hit "to be safe". The last thing you want to do is go charging into the timber in the dark after a wounded bull, that is a sure fire way to never find it.

Guys sure as hell like to nit pick and find any little thing wrong with any situation they can. Add in a large animal and the need to pick and b!tch goes up 10 fold.

Keep on b!tching, trash talking, and bad mouthing, it's really adding so much to the sport, you guys should be proud.

Funny is it? Great bull but it gets a bit sickening reading the stories of piss poor shooting and killing. Bad shots add a lot to the "sport" also. mtmuley
Piss poor shooting??? How do you know it was a piss poor shot? was you there you have absolutely no information to back that up.

The dead bull in the pictures would lead me to believe the opposite.

If this wasn't a 400 inch bull, or a mossback guided hunt you guys would have absolutely nothing to say about this hunt.

Piss poor shooting??? How do you know it was a piss poor shot? was you there you have absolutely no information to back that up.

The dead bull in the pictures would lead me to believe the opposite.

If this wasn't a 400 inch bull, or a mossback guided hunt you guys would have absolutely nothing to say about this hunt.
I would love to hear the "real" story. And I don't really care about the score. That's the beauty of being just a regular elk hunter. Not a guided one. mtmuley

I would love to hear the "real" story. And I don't really care about the score. That's the beauty of being just a regular elk hunter. Not a guided one. mtmuley
LOL, like I said if it wasn't a 400 bull or a mossback guided hunt you wouldn't have anything to say, and your not alone.

Truth of the matter is no matter what the story was you wouldn't have anything good to say about it.

LOL, like I said if it wasn't a 400 bull or a mossback guided hunt you wouldn't have anything to say, and your not alone.

Truth of the matter is no matter what the story was you wouldn't have anything good to say about it.
The first version of the "story" went South for me at the "We got a bullet in him" quote. Maybe just a bad story teller. Maybe some details better left out. I said it's a great bull. Maybe not a great story. mtmuley

The guy is literally relaying the story as it happened should he have lied and just made up some fairy tale about how it all went down?

Sounds to me like they made a sound decision to leave the bull overnight because they was unsure of how well he was hit "to be safe". The last thing you want to do is go charging into the timber in the dark after a wounded bull, that is a sure fire way to never find it.

Guys sure as hell like to nit pick and find any little thing wrong with any situation they can. Add in a large animal and the need to pick and b!tch goes up 10 fold.

Keep on b!tching, trash talking, and bad mouthing, it's really adding so much to the sport, you guys should be proud.
If reading that “story” about the “hunt” doesn’t give you that sick feeling then there is no hope for you as a sportsman.

They took a marginal shot close to dark because of glory and ego. Wound the bull and find him in the morning. No regards to the bull. We got a bullet in him. Classic Utah. Back out till morning was the plan all along. Better pictures in the morning light. How much you want to bet that the shot was probably over 500? It’s not about the hunt Jake. It’s about bragging and ego for the hunters and suffering for that poor bull. You can try to play it off as hate towards mossback or jealousy but it’s neither. We owe the animal more respect than that. Don’t take the shot if you’re not going to be able to get a follow up shot. But not a single person on that mountain cared about that. They were already thinking of sending the pics to all their friends and family. They will be the talk of the hunting community until next year. Just like the sickening video of jimmy John long range banging the bull last year in AZ. But just a memory to guys like you.

Why is it ok to you to throw ethics out the window because of antler size? Why do we accept that as a hunting community?

we got a bullet in him.

*you’re

The first version of the "story" went South for me at the "We got a bullet in him" quote. Maybe just a bad story teller. Maybe some details better left out. I said it's a great bull. Maybe not a great story. mtmuley
You do realize the story is being told from a 3rd person point of view that was not there and was getting sparse information relayed to him from the people on the hill, that guy was not there for the hunt and it sounds like information was scarce to him. He was telling the story from his own perspective.

If reading that “story” about the “hunt” doesn’t give you that sick feeling then there is no hope for you as a sportsman.

They took a marginal shot close to dark because of glory and ego. Wound the bull and find him in the morning. No regards to the bull. We got a bullet in him. Classic Utah. Back out till morning was the plan all along. Better pictures in the morning light. How much you want to bet that the shot was probably over 500? It’s not about the hunt Jake. It’s about bragging and ego for the hunters and suffering for that poor bull. You can try to play it off as hate towards mossback or jealousy but it’s neither. We owe the animal more respect than that. Don’t take the shot if you’re not going to be able to get a follow up shot. But not a single person on that mountain cared about that. They were already thinking of sending the pics to all their friends and family. They will be the talk of the hunting community until next year. Just like the sickening video of jimmy John long range banging the bull last year in AZ. But just a memory to guys like you.

Why is it ok to you to throw ethics out the window because of antler size? Why do we accept that as a hunting community?

we got a bullet in him.

There is a whole lot of speculation in there, you or I know absolutely nothing about what happened after the shot, other then when it was all said and done they decided to back out to "be safe" because the guy telling the story was not there either. You guys are hanging them as piss poor hunters because they did the right thing and backed out rather then pushing the bull in the dark. That is truly the only thing you know about it from the story that is told in the pictures above that comes from a guy that was not there and had limited information. You have no information that they "threw there ethics out the window"

And again I will stand by what I said, if it had been a regular guy not guided and a 300 bull you wouldn't have said a word. I have seen similar stories on here numerous times and rarely is anything said. So why does the size of the bull bring out all the trash talkers???

*you’re
Uh-Oh the grammar police are out, I must be making some good points, cant attack the argument so go after the grammar.

You do realize the story is being told from a 3rd person point of view that was not there and was getting sparse information relayed to him from the people on the hill, that guy was not there for the hunt and it sounds like information was scarce to him. He was telling the story from his own perspective.

There is a whole lot of speculation in there, you or I know absolutely nothing about what happened after the shot, other then when it was all said and done they decided to back out to "be safe" because the guy telling the story was not there either. You guys are hanging them as piss poor hunters because they did the right thing and backed out rather then pushing the bull in the dark. That is truly the only thing you know about it from the story that is told in the pictures above that comes from a guy that was not there and had limited information. You have no information that they "threw there ethics out the window"

And again I will stand by what I said, if it had been a regular guy not guided and a 300 bull you wouldn't have said a word. I have seen similar stories on here numerous times and rarely is anything said. So why does the size of the bull bring out all the trash talkers???

Uh-Oh the grammar police are out, I must be making some good points, cant attack the argument so go after the grammar.
The size of rack doesn’t matter to anyone questioning the story. If it was a cow elk tied to that story I know sure as hell it would be questioned. They didn’t do the right thing by backing out. The right thing would of been not putting a bullet in him without the capability of finishing the job. I would expect such a mistake from a new hunter, but not someone with experience. Hell the guides should know better. But it’s not about ethics or the animal, it’s about ego and getting a bullet in him.

You do not have to call Columbo to figured out how this “hunt” went down. The only speculation is whether they are hunters or not. But for simplicity for you let’s call them hunters.

The size of rack doesn’t matter to anyone questioning the story. If it was a cow elk tied to that story I know sure as hell it would be questioned. They didn’t do the right thing by backing out. The right thing would of been not putting a bullet in him without the capability of finishing the job. I would expect such a mistake from a new hunter, but not someone with experience. Hell the guides should know better. But it’s not about ethics or the animal, it’s about ego and getting a bullet in him.

You do not have to call Columbo to figured out how this “hunt” went down. The only speculation is whether they are hunters or not. But for simplicity for you let’s call them hunters.
OK Magoo.

Stay classy guys.

I have no clue, I wasn't there, and nether was you. You guys are calling them out based on 1 phrase that you didn't like, or the fact it was guided by mossback (or any guide in general)
Fair enough. Hope it wasn't a circus like the Jimmy Dean bull. Congrats to the "hunter". mtmuley

Nah, just beating Homer to the punch.
I stated my opinion above. Those "hunts" with tons of scouts and people sleeping on the mountain to corral an animal are not exactly hunts. People make fun of the high fence hunts here in Texas, but that style of guide gangs is not much different. They sure as hell could have waited to make a good shot and not a "got a bullet in it" shot. Just my opinion.

I stated my opinion above. Those "hunts" with tons of scouts and people sleeping on the mountain to corral an animal are not exactly hunts. People make fun of the high fence hunts here in Texas, but that style of guide gangs is not much different. They sure as hell could have waited to make a good shot and not a "got a bullet in it" shot. Just my opinion.
Guide gangs. You nailed it. mtmuley

Guide gangs. You nailed it. mtmuley
From looking at the people they thanked there was only 2 "guides" the other people were friends and family. Hell Doyle wasn't even there.

This wasn't a high dollar client, the guy beat 10,000 to 1 odds and drew an amazing once in a lifetime tag. He put some money down for a guide but this doesn't look like your normal hunt that you are referring too where there are 10-15 paid guys running around on every ridge looking for a guy that's sitting at the hotel waiting for the call to get up on the mountain.

Everyone is making a hell of alot of assumptions but if you read what he said its not the same as those high dollar hunts, hell it's amazing they even took him too this bull, sounds like there was a bunch of people watching him and they was worried an archery hunter might get him.

It's just SS, use your ignore option and he'll magically STFU.

Great bull! Congrats to the hunter. I'll be the first to admit I would put a bullet in that bull as long as I had a split second of legal hunting light left. I have a hard time believing anyone saying they wouldn't, but maybe there are some folks out there that wouldn't. It would be nice to see the hunter and his family and friends get it. With that said congrats to Mossback. I'm sure they put in a ton of time.

Exactly. And that’s why they “got a bullet in him”. Ethics be damned! Let the bull suffer, gotta get the bull for the ‘gram!
Lol OK SS, I see a dead bull. But keep making your assumptions, hell it's just a bunch of stupid utards anyway.
It would be nice to see the hunter and his family and friends get it. With that said congrats to Mossback. I'm sure they put in a ton of time.
He did have all his family and friends there with him. Says in the post there was only 2 mossback guys with them.

Great bull! Congrats to the hunter. I'll be the first to admit I would put a bullet in that bull as long as I had a split second of legal hunting light left. I have a hard time believing anyone saying they wouldn't, but maybe there are some folks out there that wouldn't. It would be nice to see the hunter and his family and friends get it. With that said congrats to Mossback. I'm sure they put in a ton of time.
Of course you would. #utards

That is fine as long as you know what you are doing with your rifle. Wonder if he was an accomplished shooter? mtmuley

And the argument for poor antler growth on a drought year comes into question.
Been some mighty large Muleys taken in Utah so far as well ?‍♂️
Been saying this for years and years. "Hot" years with just enough water and feed make for the biggest antler growth. Wet and cold makes for sitka antlers year after year.

Cheers, Pete

Lol OK SS, I see a dead bull. But keep making your assumptions, hell it's just a bunch of stupid utards anyway.

He did have all his family and friends there with him. Says in the post there was only 2 mossback guys with them.
Hey thanks Jake. Guess I should have taken time to read the story??. That's awesome he had his family there, good for him.

You bet I would, and so would you!? Sorry SS doesn't matter if you say you wouldn't, I don't believe you.
Can’t blame you for not believing me, after all you chose to live in Utah so we know your head isn’t straight. It’s sad you can’t fathom that there’s actually sportsman out there that don’t take questionable shots. It’s not your fault though, likely the result of the environment you were raised in.

That bull is tremendous, way to get it done. I bet you have some great memories with your friends and family. That is awesome. That is a bull of 10 lifetimes!

Congrats on a wonderful bull and all evolved, and thanks for the brothers post and sharing it. The bull was recovered, and I’d guess it fell to a hunter that will love that hunt memory with family and friends for the rest of his life - that’s what matters.

I didnt know there was a rifle season so early. ??

It would have been really cool if they had got in on him with a bow, but old bulls are smart bulls, and this one was no different. I don't get excited about big bulls like I do big muleys, Don't know why. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

SPORTSMAN Tag Holders Can Start Hunting Earlier With Other Weapons!

I didnt know there was a rifle season so early. ??

It would have been really cool if they had got in on him with a bow, but old bulls are smart bulls, and this one was no different. I don't get excited about big bulls like I do big muleys, Don't know why. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

as a USDA accredited veterinarian, what I would object to most in this scenario is the "leave it overnight" mentality.

Nighttime low of maybe 50*F, daytime temps in the 80*s ?

The meat was completely ruined, full stop.

They wanted that head at any cost--I'd love to see a video of that guy eating a piece of that elk--- LE should actually do that ,get a DNA sample from the head and one from the meat and make that guy eat it on camera.

I've seen elk ruined leaving it overnight in 25*F temps, in Sept no way. This elk was not fit for human consumption and was likely left in a dumpster on the way home.

Unfortunately the big coveted tags such as this one in particular aren't "meat hunts".
Bad deal if it was wasted.

as a USDA accredited veterinarian, what I would object to most in this scenario is the "leave it overnight" mentality.

Nighttime low of maybe 50*F, daytime temps in the 80*s ?

The meat was completely ruined, full stop.

They wanted that head at any cost--I'd love to see a video of that guy eating a piece of that elk--- LE should actually do that ,get a DNA sample from the head and one from the meat and make that guy eat it on camera.

I've seen elk ruined leaving it overnight in 25*F temps, in Sept no way. This elk was not fit for human consumption and was likely left in a dumpster on the way home.
It was 100% wasted. Overnight temps in the 50*s, hide on, ungutted. Look closely at the pics, it's stiff as a board and every pose is identical. And i bet it really stank....
More speculation just to try and put people down. ?

The bull doesn’t look bloated in the picture and it appears they were able to move the head around so likely no spoilage. Just a guess though. Remember how bloated the JJ bull last fall was before they put a knife on it?

First, it's a fabulous bull.

But all of us have seen meat go bad. And it's not a super well kept secret that as slam said, these ain't meat hunts to start with.
Must be a Utah thing to see meat go bad. Never had the luxury of seeing that.

ah Utah!

Can’t blame you for not believing me, after all you chose to live in Utah so we know your head isn’t straight. It’s sad you can’t fathom that there’s actually sportsman out there that don’t take questionable shots. It’s not your fault though, likely the result of the environment you were raised in.
So SS, maybe it was a questionable shot, but maybe it wasn't. To be fair to you, maybe I do view hunting different from you because where we have been raised and where we hunt. I know I don't take questionable shots, in my opinion. If I had been hunting elk and came across this bull and it was still legal shooting light and I thought I could make the shot, I would take it in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?

I will say this SS. I can look past all the sarcasm in your posts (you are actually pretty funny and clever a lot of the time). I do think you are a good guy, and pretty sharp as well. I do think you appreciate the wilds and the game you hunt. Good for you! I know I appreciate the wilds and the game I hunt as well, you may not think so and that is fine. I bet if we went out hunting together we would get along just fine, even if I am from Utah. Good luck to you this year.

Last edited:
First, it's a fabulous bull.

But all of us have seen meat go bad. And it's not a super well kept secret that as slam said, these ain't meat hunts to start with.
They may not be, but that doesn't mean you don't put every effort into recovering the meat as you can.

If that didn't happen then I'm right in line with SS. My point is people are "assuming" a whole hell of a lot in this thread, nobody that has commented so far has any idea if the meat was spoiled, how much meat they took off of the bull, or anything else for that matter.

There is a whole lot of sh!t talking with no facts to back it up, and most of it comes down to two facts, its a giant bull, and was a guided hunt.

I had a guy on here tell me my buck I killed last year that was left over night in sept was most likely spoiled beyond recovery. I ate every bit of meat recovered off of that buck and it was as delicious as any I have had, and all but called me a liar over it.

Its guys that automatically think because an animal was left over night the meat is bad, that are piss poor hunters. I have never had one go bad that was left over night, its only happened a couple times but so far its never happened to me.

They may not be, but that doesn't mean you don't put every effort into recovering the meat as you can.

If that didn't happen then I'm right in line with SS. My point is people are "assuming" a whole hell of a lot in this thread, nobody that has commented so far has any idea if the meat was spoiled, how much meat they took off of the bull, or anything else for that matter.

There is a whole lot of sh!t talking with no facts to back it up, and most of it comes down to two facts, its a giant bull, and was a guided hunt.

I had a guy on here tell me my buck I killed last year that was left over night in sept was most likely spoiled beyond recovery. I ate every bit of meat recovered off of that buck and it was as delicious as any I have had, and all but called me a liar over it.

Its guys that automatically think because an animal was left over night the meat is bad, that are piss poor hunters. I have never had one go bad that was left over night, its only happened a couple times but so far its never happened to me.

I can't see what SS says.

But yes. End of August, in Utah, a bull left over night, is going to sour. All of it? Maybe not, but it would sour.

This is one of those truths that we all know. It's not a reflection of "skill" as much and acknowledgement that elk especially are extremely tough animals.

As hunters trying to pretend the obvious didn't/isn't happening makes us look stupid. We do have meat sour. We do have wounded animals get away. We do make poor shots that lead to animals suffering. All these things do happen. We should strive to not have it happen, but it does. And we all know it.

As to the bull, dude drew a coveted tag. I'd 100000x rather see him get that bull, than some dude who flies into the state, hires an army of dudes, gets a pic, and then flies out.

And Utah has much worse guides than Doyle, although I'm not a fan.

I can't see what SS says.

But yes. End of August, in Utah, a bull left over night, is going to sour. All of it? Maybe not, but it would sour.

This is one of those truths that we all know. It's not a reflection of "skill" as much and acknowledgement that elk especially are extremely tough animals.

As hunters trying to pretend the obvious didn't/isn't happening makes us look stupid. We do have meat sour. We do have wounded animals get away. We do make poor shots that lead to animals suffering. All these things do happen. We should strive to not have it happen, but it does. And we all know it.

As to the bull, dude drew a coveted tag. I'd 100000x rather see him get that bull, than some dude who flies into the state, hires an army of dudes, gets a pic, and then flies out.

And Utah has much worse guides than Doyle, although I'm not a fan.
I agree, it can happen, all of that can happen. But did it? We really don't know. If someone has legitimate grips because they know what happened, and what went on then by all means share away. But to make sh!t up to trash these guy's is BS.

Hell I could be completely wrong on every aspect I have argued in this thread, every bad thing everyone has said could have happened, and if it did then I agree with the points being made, but I feel it's wrong to sh!t on people without all the facts.
I knew this post would bring a lot of trash talking, I called it out at the bottom of the original post.

So SS, maybe it was a questionable shot, but maybe it wasn't. To be fair to you, maybe I do view hunting different from you because where we have been raised and where we hunt. I know I don't take questionable shots, in my opinion. If I had been hunting elk and came across this bull and it was still legal shooting light and I thought I could make the shot, I would take it in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?

I will say this SS. I can look past all the sarcasm in your posts (you are actually pretty funny and clever a lot of the time). I do think you are a good guy, and pretty sharp as well. I do think you appreciate the wilds and the game you hunt. Good for you! I know I appreciate the wilds and the game I hunt as well, you may not think so and that is fine. I bet if we went out hunting together we would get along just fine, even if I am from Utah. Good luck to you this year.

Honestly I hate taking shots right at dark, and in the scenario you brought up I wouldn't shoot. Barely legal shooting light is too dark for me most the time. It doesn't matter the size of the animal. Too much stuff can go wrong. This is all based off experience and growth as hunter. If I was 16? Throwing lead. No doubt. But today? Nope.

I bet you're right we would get along just fine. I just took one of your utah brothers out caribou hunting. 99.9% of the time I'm not being serious. Life is too short to take it seriously...

I think some of you need to put the keyboard away and go hunting. Go create the “perfect” scenario that lands you a dead animal in Sept, where you have packed 5 miles in with your 3 yeti coolers full of ice because you were prepared for the kill on a warm day. Go guide-less. But please wait until the animal in pursuit gives you a seven shot window in the event that you get buck fever and hit him a little high. Please make sure your arm chair ethics reflect you as a hunter in the field during that final scene packed with dozens of potential variables. Please make sure your breathing pattern is correct before pulling the trigger. Please make sure you can proudly display your trophy and story on insta, mm, and every other social media site that will land you the recognition of a “perfect and bad azz” Sportsman who does no wrong. And don’t forget the meat packing pics. Most need “proof” that it was done ethically as you say it was.

Lastly, please make sure you wear clean underwear in the event that you walk up on your trophy only to realize it is bigger than expected.

You owe it to the masses that you think support your passion to bring them the biggest and baddest pictures of dead animals on the planet.

God damn! Whole lotta sh*t talking on this thread! First off, congrats to the hunter for his big-a$$ bull. Nothing more to add there.

JakeH, you have done a great job of defending with what you know cuz there is absolutely a crapload of assumptions being made. Maybe it's just me, but I don't jump onto threads to start applying my degree in keyboard forensics to undercut the success.

SS is pretty damn funny and make some points, BUT there are a bunch of assumption in his scenario as well. Colombo reference??? :LOL:

UtahLefty, sorry homey, but if I applied your certifications to mine, you win hands down! But from a practical perspective and the application of years of experience with a effload of animals in the field, I'm glad I don't listen to you. Cuz I wouldn't bring home meat too often, on the account it's spoiled and all.

Last edited:
I think some of you need to put the keyboard away and go hunting. Go create the “perfect” scenario that lands you a dead animal in Sept, where you have packed 5 miles in with your 3 yeti coolers full of ice because you were prepared for the kill on a warm day. Go guide-less. But please wait until the animal in pursuit gives you a seven shot window in the event that you get buck fever and hit him a little high. Please make sure your arm chair ethics reflect you as a hunter in the field during that final scene packed with dozens of potential variables. Please make sure your breathing pattern is correct before pulling the trigger. Please make sure you can proudly display your trophy and story on insta, mm, and every other social media site that will land you the recognition of a “perfect and bad azz” Sportsman who does no wrong. And don’t forget the meat packing pics. Most need “proof” that it was done ethically as you say it was.

Lastly, please make sure you wear clean underwear in the event that you walk up on your trophy only to realize it is bigger than expected.

You owe it to the masses that you think support your passion to bring them the biggest and baddest pictures of dead animals on the planet.
Well said. Easy to say what you would do in a given situation when sitting at the keyboard with time to think about it. I know my brain would be working at less than full capacity with a Bull that size in the crosshairs.

Do we know what unit yet? If it was the Books, the weather Sep 1-2 was very cool and rainy. I'm sure they had some spoilage, but to call it a total loss is premature.

God damn! Whole lotta sh*t talking on this thread! First off, congrats to the hunter for his big-a$$ bull. Nothing more to add there.

JakeH, you have done a great job of defending with what you know cuz there is absolutely a crapload of assumptions being made. Maybe it's just me, but I don't jump onto threads to start applying my degree in keyboard foresnics to undercut the success.

SS is pretty damn funny and make some points, BUT there are a bunch of assumption in his scenario as well. Colombo reference??? :LOL:

UtahLefty, sorry homey, but if I applied your certifications to mine, you win hands down! But from a practical perspective and the application of years of experience with a effload of animals in the field, I'm glad I don't listen to you. Cuz I wouldn't bring home meat too often, on the account it's spoiled and all.
Welcome to the world of jealousy. That bull is a fine representation of the species. Anyone would be proud to have that bull on the wall and the experience to go with it. Unfortunately, a bull like that for most hunters is unobtainable in their lifetime…..but, it’s what keeps most of us going year after year. Therefore, I guess the haters
need to nit-pick the crap out of a pic and story until they come down off their emotional high.

Not gonna lie. I wish I had the tag and the time to scout out a bull like that. Life has a way of passing most of us by, making this scenario unobtainable unless you’re one of those “get lucky” kind-of-guys that win lotteries, vacations, and expo tags on a consistent basis and have large chunks of change laying around for such occasions.

We’re all pretty brave behind the keyboard. But I bet most of us would get along just fine out in the field as we all share a common interest in hunting and passion for the outdoors.

I’ve met some upstanding and awesome sportsman in person through this website. Met one from here last year during a hunt. One of the most down to earth, sincere people I have had the privilege of meeting.

Like was mentioned earlier, I too like to dish out the sarcasm from time to time (most of the time lol) but only because life is too short to be serious ALL the time. And I enjoy a good laugh just as much as the next person!

Yeah I agree it's a great bull I'd say it's a once in a lifetime bull and congrats to the man on a great trophy and besides all the trash talk that's going I don't know any one that wouldn't love to have a tag like That and a chance of a hunt of a lifetime so kudos to the hunter...

Not a Books Bull!
Well said. Easy to say what you would do in a given situation when sitting at the keyboard with time to think about it. I know my brain would be working at less than full capacity with a Bull that size in the crosshairs.

Do we know what unit yet? If it was the Books, the weather Sep 1-2 was very cool and rainy. I'm sure they had some spoilage, but to call it a total loss is premature.

The pic of the bull in velvet is incredible. You could compare that bull to any other bull and it would look like Arnold compared to a regular man. That bull is a stud!! Regardless of how it happened or who it happened with or how many of them were involved, that bull is something that none of us would pass on for a little bit of a better shot. HOw many times have you heard....or even said to yourself, "put another bullet in him, they are tough animals."

I wish successful hunters would always show their appreciation of the animal and the hunt by smiling in pics.

Indian Springs area. Saw 15 trail cameras on the pond up there. Thought something good must be going on there

i can only think of that they left it over night for nice pictures in the morning. no other reason, a bunch of blood everywhere wrecks the photo and the cover photo picture. yeah not finding him a getting another shot in is bad form but at the same time maybe they legally couldn’t ? who knows

what a giant.

Actually a critter lick up the canyon from it (apple scented) that I was gonna take out of there. Just too lazy and didn’t want to get shamed on Facebook for stealing peoples products

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom