2021 - Who Got Their First Elk?

First elk in 21 years. Does that count?

IMG_2341.jpg

Little brothers first hunt at 12 years old. Fired a shot from 160 yards out and nailed him, perfect shot with a 6.5 creedmoor. Opening morning harvest. Glad I could get him out and harvest a bull for his first kill. Afterwards, it was about 26 degrees out and I asked are you that cold because he was shaking so much and he says "No I'm just excited!" Made my day!!

bull.jpg

bull 2.jpg

What would you do with out Elk Meat Blood you always seem to get er done
The year that I fail at my goal to fill the freezer will be the year you see a grown man cry lol!

I will say this….the wlk hunt this year was tougher than I’ve recently experienced.

I put a total of 93 miles on the boots over the course of 9 days. Pack out on two elk was 7 miles in. Snow and muddy conditions made for a rough meat packing experience. But….well worth the efforts! The delicious meat and experiences will always be cherished!

Little brothers first hunt at 12 years old. Fired a shot from 160 yards out and nailed him, perfect shot with a 6.5 creedmoor. Opening morning harvest. Glad I could get him out and harvest a bull for his first kill. Afterwards, it was about 26 degrees out and I asked are you that cold because he was shaking so much and he says "No I'm just excited!" Made my day!!

View attachment 57788

View attachment 57790
Love it

muleytail...congratulations...nice bull.....bad news is that it will all be down hill from here..ya shoulda got a small one first and worked your way up,,,,,,,oh well. I am jealous...my first was a spike when I was 14 with a model 721 Remington 270 with 130gr. silver tip ammo. Getting anything with a stick and string is sure rewarding...good job.

My daughter in law shot her first bull in New Mexico, and my son shot his first muzzy bull in Arizona. Both DIY public land in unit they had never hunted before. Don’t know how and don’t have permission to post pictures.?

BacDoc wasn’t in on the packing, back did get sore during the butchering. I’m the designated meat cutter.?.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom