2022 (16) NR Points...here are my choices

crcountry

#1: 194,196 Archery Dec
#2: 081 Archery Nov
#3: 071-079 Archery Nov
#4: 194,196 Nov Rifle
#5: 231 Oct Rifle

If I had my wish, I'd just rather have my 1st or 2nd pick...but, I'd also like to hunt this year, so I listed all 5. Secondly, although I'm a bowhunter, I'd rather not hunt in the heat of Aug....I'd rather hunt the rut in the cold.

I'm guessing my choices are a bit irregular in nature, but I'd be happy with any of them.

Lastly, I'm a suburban archery hunter....In fact, I hunt within city limits here in Maryland. Is the Reno hunt a real residential hunt? Do tag holders knock on doors and wait these bucks out, or is hunting in the Reno limits illegal?

If I had my wish, I'd just rather have my 1st or 2nd pick...but, I'd also like to hunt this year, so I listed all 5. Secondly, although I'm a bowhunter, I'd rather not hunt in the heat of Aug....I'd rather hunt the rut in the cold.

I'm guessing my choices are a bit irregular in nature, but I'd be happy with any of them.

Lastly, I'm a suburban archery hunter....In fact, I hunt within city limits here in Maryland. Is the Reno hunt a real residential hunt? Do tag holders knock on doors and wait these bucks out, or is hunting in the Reno limits illegal?
I drew your 4th choice, as my 3rd choice with 16 points, as a nonresident a couple years ago…
Good luck!!!

194/196 does have some private land but you won’t be getting permission to hunt on it. Plenty of public to hunt there though.

You should list your choices in order of odds to draw.
Hardest to draw first choice and easiest to draw last choice.

Of the hunts you listed the area seven late archery would be your easiest and most likely to draw.

The two any legal weapon hunts that you listed are the hardest to draw so in reality you wasted your last two choices.

To maximize your chances of drawing one of the five choices you chose, the correct order on your application according to demand (Draw Odds) should be:

1- 194/196 any legal weapon
2- 231 any legal weapon
3- 081 archery
4- 194/196 late archery
5- Area 7 late archery

If you just want to hunt archery you should apply in this order:
1- 081 archery
2- 194/196 Late archery
3- Area 7 Late archery

These hunt choices are not necessarily in order of quality but in order of demand according to the NDOW draw statistics.

Last edited:
194/96 would be a great hunt. Plenty of places to hunt and get away from people even though it's right above Reno. I'm putting in for the muzzy hunt. I live here so it would be super easy to scout a ton. I've been out shed hunting quite a bit and while I haven't seen any monsters, there's tons of deer.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom