2022 Archery Buck Success - Pack Giveaway

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
The hunts are on!!! Let's see your 2022 mule deer success! We all enjoy seeing the photos, so join in and share what you've scored on. Who doesn't love to see big bucks?
You'll be in to WIN a nice daypack! Our friends at Bad Ass Outdoor Gear have got an Eberlestock Bandit to give away to one of you who shares your 2022 archery buck hunting success.

Feel free to share multiple trophy shots. Fun to see. Share a little detail about the buck too!

We'll run the photo contest for a few weeks and then I'll randomly pick a winner. Each photo shared will count as one entry and every 10 reactions that your photo gets will get an extra entry. Just another fun contest. We all love seeing the photos.

Thanks to Bad Ass Outdoor Gear for donating the prizes for the contests and PLEASE everyone, when you're in the market to upgrade your gear, please shop Bad Ass Outdoor Gear and give them a chance to earn your business for good. They've got a large selection of hunting gear for you to look through.

Here's the prize that's up for grabs.

Bandit Camo Pack.png

Kicked off 2022 with my best all time mule deer. I watched this buck for 3 years, had a couple hunters on him in 2021. I finally drew the archery tag I’ve been hoping for and it was game on! Snow storm hit us at first light on New Year’s Day at first light and as soon as the clouds started to lift a buddy of mine said “ I GOT HIM IN THE GLASS” ! Closed the distance from 2 miles to 79 yards and he was in the process of running off a smaller buck (180” buck ) when he stopped broad side and I sent it! I finally had the buck of my dreams in my hands , on public land in NM , with my archery tackle! Inside spread was just over 28”, outside spread was 35” on the dot , beams are just over 27” the mass is just unreal . He broke off the right front fork 6 days before the opener I was bummed . Official P&Y scorer estimated 16” broke off and green gross is 202 6/8” .
9FF623F9-1FC4-44B3-9307-0534A2AAE217.jpeg

The hunts are on!!! Let's see your 2022 mule deer success! We all enjoy seeing the photos, so join in and share what you've scored on. Who doesn't love to see big bucks?
You'll be in to WIN a nice daypack! Our friends at Bad Ass Outdoor Gear have got an Eberlestock Bandit to give away to one of you who shares your 2022 archery buck hunting success.

Feel free to share multiple trophy shots. Fun to see. Share a little detail about the buck too!

We'll run the photo contest for a few weeks and then I'll randomly pick a winner. Each photo shared will count as one entry and every 10 reactions that your photo gets will get an extra entry. Just another fun contest. We all love seeing the photos.

Thanks to Bad Ass Outdoor Gear for donating the prizes for the contests and PLEASE everyone, when you're in the market to upgrade your gear, please shop Bad Ass Outdoor Gear and give them a chance to earn your business for good. They've got a large selection of hunting gear for you to look through.

Here's the prize that's up for grabs.

View attachment 83771
How do we post pics for this contest?

View attachment 85324View attachment 85325View attachment 85326
Got my first archery mule deer using a mouth tab, not sitting in a blind. This paralyzed deal is annoying sometimes, but getting this buck was really cool for me. Good times!
Luckily they are dumber this time of year ?
You're an animal and an inspiration Jason!! Outstanding buck and dang impressive to do that using a mouth tab. With your track record, I can't say I'm surprised at all with your success!?

2022 Archery Hunt was a Success. With a tag in hand I was able to connect on a big wide heavy velvet buck as I have always wanted. With a lot of time and effort put in by friends and family we finally found the buck I was looking for. It was at night when we first saw him and we ran out of daylight. The next morning with nothing but excitement we were able relocate the buck. At this point I was able to get in and connect on a 40 yard shot. After a little bit of tracking I was able to walk up and see him laying on the ground. Full of emotion and excitement I realized I had just taken the deer I have always wanted. To say this was a hunt of a lifetime would be an understatement. The memories and the success from this hunt was something I never could have guessed. I have always loved mule deer and after many years of hunting them I finally was able to harvest the one I have been looking for.

D8DB0AED-21F1-4164-A117-F56D439237EC.png

73A9074B-FD55-4123-8910-D14E1EBA1E61.jpeg

F845AA9A-5366-40F9-BE52-BCDB305BFF3D.jpeg

My 16yr old son's buck he killed on 9/5/22. This was his first animal with a bow, I dropped him off and he actually executed the ambush himself and was able to make a perfect 30-yard shot! I popped over the ridge to see the does running off with no buck and I had no idea what just transpired. Pretty proud father!!
DSC02102.jpg

I got this Colorado tag a week before the hunt started, after scouting for the week I decided I would hunt for one of the bigger deer I had found and then once my wife and kids showed up the first nice buck I found would be in trouble. I also only had the first 5 days of the season to hunt as I have work, and other out of state hunts to go on the rest of the month of September.

Well I had opportunity at my top 3 target bucks, the first day, but just couldn't seal the deal so with the wife and kids and my Dad showing up the afternoon of day two I decided it was time to get a buck down with the goal being having my 5 and 2 year old being able to watch.

Right off the bat that evening we found this buck and I was able to get an arrow into him and the buck only made it 130 yards. Addy and Lincoln were stoked and loved every minute of it we followed the blood trail to the buck and we let them find him on there own. They loved it, this was the first time they had actually got to be there when dad killed anything. Definitely memories none of us will ever forget.

Screenshot_20220907_152818.jpg

Screenshot_20220907_152918.jpg
Screenshot_20220907_153018.jpg
Screenshot_20220907_153301.jpg

this little dude loves his grandpa.
Screenshot_20220907_153136.jpg

Thanks man! I killed him on the 8th. Most NM bucks will have their velvet until the 20th. I've killed bucks on the muzzle loader hunt, usually the last few days of September first few days of October that still have velvet.

Thanks man! I killed him on the 8th. Most NM bucks will have their velvet until the 20th. I've killed bucks on the muzzle loader hunt, usually the last few days of September first few days of October that still have velvet.
Badasss buck ! N yessir ton of bucks hold onto their velvet till October!

We have a winner!!!

rtoreson is the lucky member whose name was drawn. Thanks to you all who contributed. The photos are always fun to see. Congrats to all of you who had success too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom