2022 Arizona buck

andygrand

Wanted to share my 2022 Arizona Muzzleloader buck.
I glassed this buck up at 8 am and he was headed straight for his bed. Once I was sure he was bedded for the day, I made a stalk. Leaving my friend on the mountain I was able to make my way to within 100 yards by 11am. The buck was bedded in a desert wash and even though I was close, I only had limited shooting lanes. After switching beds two times and not offering any shots, he finally stood and started to feed at 4pm. He finally made the mistake I needed and I was able to make a clean one shot kill at 78 yards.
I feel super lucky to have killed two good bucks this year. This one and my Colorado buck were both experiences shared with close friends and I grateful for the memories.
301A265F-5D9B-4FC5-A9B8-1351B15373DE.jpeg
9E4A196A-EDD7-4BBE-A931-FB7E89FCA15B.jpeg

328D0789-0D64-4AF8-A6EF-977C6C839A1B.jpeg

Nice one!! And great patience!

I'm sure the stalk was tough, but the waiting for several more hours after you were in range must have been excruciating!

Wanted to share my 2022 Arizona Muzzleloader buck.
I glassed this buck up at 8 am and he was headed straight for his bed. Once I was sure he was bedded for the day, I made a stalk. Leaving my friend on the mountain I was able to make my way to within 100 yards by 11am. The buck was bedded in a desert wash and even though I was close, I only had limited shooting lanes. After switching beds two times and not offering any shots, he finally stood and started to feed at 4pm. He finally made the mistake I needed and I was able to make a clean one shot kill at 78 yards.
I feel super lucky to have killed two good bucks this year. This one and my Colorado buck were both experiences shared with close friends and I grateful for the memories. View attachment 98790View attachment 98791

View attachment 98789
Congrats! Very Nice Buck Andy!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom