2022 draw recap posted

Many deer draw odds went up this year. I drew a 66 3rd season with 24 and I could have had a 4th with points to spare. and I think they cut tag numbers too.

I don't know what happened, but I bet there are a lot of happy applicants who didn't think they had a shot.

Yeah I was a little surprised at the hunts I looked at as well. Seems like all the hype in 2021 over the late dates really died down this year.

Thanks for posting. Finally found some odds I could draw with 86% in my 25 point pool, lol. That’s also what I expected based on last few years draw stats.

8F12688B-5B60-4103-A4A0-E52E900966D7.png

Many deer draw odds went up this year. I drew a 66 3rd season with 24 and I could have had a 4th with points to spare. and I think they cut tag numbers too.

I don't know what happened, but I bet there are a lot of happy applicants who didn't think they had a shot.
I'm too lazy to look back now, but I think the same thing happened last year in 66 where it took more in 3rd than 4th? I think a lot of people have family obligations for Thanksgiving?

2nd season 66 went up to 11 pts and 44 went up to 15 NR, fairly predictable w small cuts. But 68 3rd dropped from 12 to 8. I drew a 66 2nd at 11. Chances are good that warm dry weather pattern will not repeat itself into Nov this year, ?

Check out rifle Antelope buck unit 201, and explain the draw results of this?
Are you wondering why there were 9 licenses issued to applicants with less than 22 points?

If that's the question, the answer is: Hybrid draw. With 48 public tags at 20% hybrid quota that's 9 licenses issued at random. Point status has no bearing on the hybrid portion of the draw, it's 100% random.

If it's in regard to the guy with 26 points who failed to draw, he would have been on a group app with someone who had less than 23 points. Same for the other high point holders who did not draw.

Last edited:
I'm too lazy to look back now, but I think the same thing happened last year in 66 where it took more in 3rd than 4th? I think a lot of people have family obligations for Thanksgiving?
4th season is pretty short if you are a non-resi that cant scout and is not outfitted.

From what I can see there wasn't a major point creep, at-least for the units I typically hunt or am looking to hunt....so that's a plus I guess.

Remember that youth have preference and they look at and fill all the youth application before even looking at non youth apps. So basically any good tag on there you have 0% chance of drawing if your not a youth.

Remember that youth have preference and they look at and fill all the youth application before even looking at non youth apps. So basically any good tag on there you have 0% chance of drawing if your not a youth.
Is it a random draw for the youth on available tags ?

Is it a random draw for the youth on available tags ?

I’m all for youth tags… but they shouldn’t be taking money if you have zero chance of drawing, do a youth draw and then another draw for what adults can draw, or just designate more youth only tags…. Second draw is kind of joke now.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom