2023 Alaska Moose Hunt Partner application

SS!

Long Time Member
I believe my 2023 moose hunt partner is likely not going to able to go so I’m entertaining taking someone to knock off their dream hunt. Here are the details:

Fly out drop hunt w/ super cubs in a very remote part of AK. We will not see other hunters. Hunt will be 10 days plus day travel on either end. Weather delays possible/likely. You will have to plan on being gone 15-20 days from your family and work. There is no option to come back early. It will take the whole time.

This is a spot I’ve never laid eyes on. But it’s been in the works for 8+ years. The timing is right. This isn’t a hunt where we are going to go shoot two legal bulls. We are hunting for big bulls. It is a logistical nightmare that I feel very comfortable with and I will handle getting gear, meat, racks to final destinations.

Cost: this hunt is going to cost you around 10-12k not including tags and flights to AK.

This is a DIY hunt. While I’m a licensed guide this a personal trip. I will not wipe your ass or wait around for you if you want to sleep in. I am there there kill big moose. I will hunt from before light to dark every day. Success on your end will be up to you. I guarantee nothing except that there are very big bull moose around.

My background: i live in alaska and like to verbally punch utards for fun. There’s 3 things I love in life. Making fun of utards, Taylor swift and chasing moose.

You: must be in decent physical shape. Honestly though mental fortitude is more priority. There will be some serious lows on a hunt like this. Positive vibes are very important when hunting big moose. I’ve limited 6 miles to how far we will pack a moose. You must be able to pack 50-60 lbs. also known as an Utah 100 lb pack. If you can haul 80 to 90 lbs even better. But it is not required.

Please do not apply if can answer yes to any of the following:

1) you’ve killed an AK moose
2) you’ve used the term “running” when talking about anything but running.
3) you wear flat brims
4) you live in couer d Alene idaho
5) you’ve ever called a buck or bull a “stud”
6) you are recently married or just got a new GF (there will be no distractions this hunt)
7) you like rokslide (this is not a hunt for p********)
8) if you’re scared of bears be honest with yourself and do not apply. We will see brown bears. And lots of them.

A few notes:

1) this hunt is not open to 3 people. Noise and scent control is very important
2) you will have first shot unless you suck at shooting or are a Gomer. I will not let the bull get away.
3) leave your new fancy gun at home. Bring something you’re comfortable shooting. No long range setups. We are hunting not playing call of duty.
4) there will be beer in camp. If you’re anti alcohol then please do not apply. And may god give you forgiveness.
5) if you want the cape you are packing that heavy son of the *****. I will not flesh it either
6) while there are caribou around we will not hunt them. This is a trip for moose and moose only. I’ll likely not even shoot the brown bear if he’s on top of you.
7) hunt days are aug 30 to sept 10ish.
8) your deposit to the air charter is due within two weeks of booking. It is not refundable. He is licensed, bonded and insured.

Send resume to the following email address:

[email protected]

Thank you.

*edit* I will not answer PM’s. Likely I’ve offended some Karen so my account may not work soon ?

Last edited:
No guess work on where you stand. And pretty funny, too.

One more suggestion to the "yes" questions:

9) You say "loosing" when you should be saying, and writing, "losing."

No-go in my book, but I'm not posting this offer.

Awesome opportunity!

The only one that gets me is number six but I was gone for two weeks in Alaska this year, two weeks in montana and just got back from being gone over two weeks helping sheep hunters so likely not an issue.

I've been running the idea around about getting a stud bull in AK. As long as we all wear the "Team Stud Bull" flat brim on the hunt, this is a must to represent my new instagram/youtube channel. I'll be coming from Utah by way of Couer d' Alene with my long term (2 week) girlfriend, she can cook, as long as it's freeze dried. I don't mind bears, as long as they are in a zoo. Check out my Rockslide posts for references. Thanks.

you lost me at Taylor swift!!???
Sounds like a great hunt/opportunity but not for this year. Really would like to do something similar in the next 5 years with my friend and a couple family members (son & daughter).
Have a great hunt and keep us posted.

you lost me at Taylor swift!!???
Sounds like a great hunt/opportunity but not for this year. Really would like to do something similar in the next 5 years with my friend and a couple family members (son & daughter).
Have a great hunt and keep us posted.
T-Swift is a goddamn national treasure and you should let that marinate

well ima shamelessly throw my name in the hat. i can’t pay 10-12k for the hunt but grow my own herbs that I can bring to support those positive vibes.

i’m highly adapted to horrible weather and carrying heavy soul crushing packs. i was a glorified porter for the national park service assisting “ biologists” during a mountain lion survey. i worked as real ski patroller( like blow **** up kind of patroller) so nasty 60mph and snowing is my kind of day. iv spent 2 months in patagonia getting rained on for weeks at a time.

never shot a moose
my fastest mile time is around 6 minutes
my hats are always creased and sun faded
never been
haven’t seen one to describe it that way and find similar jargon cringy.
married for years
not sure what rokslide is other then miss-spelled.
not to scared of bear but respect them and take all appropriate precautions

I love Moose hunting and I’ve always wanted a really big Bull. I don’t live in Utah about 200 miles from the boarder. I am 64 years young and a 50 to 60 pound pack sounds fine, even though I will tell people it was 120lbs and one shoulder strap broke on my pack so I just carried the meat..I’ve never been to Coeur’dalene. I don’t drink beer but smoke top shelf weed plus it’s a lot lighter then beer for my super cub way in. I don’t where a flat brim. I don’t want the cape or the hide. I probably give half the meat away to a family in need. I would like to bring home a big 60 to 70 incher with long wide palms sporting a multi point front end.

That was a fun trip! Glad that bear didn’t get us!

Yeah, the best thing about the bear was you and Justin would’ve totally outran my fat ass. I would’ve been a juicy puffy marshmallow to that bear.

Last edited:
X2 on the Taylor Swift reference! Other than that “deal killer” the rest of your post is great.
Is the 10-12k for the transporter? Sure glad I put my trip together in 2012, saved a bit.
Good luck in the search for your soul mate. ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom