2023 Bow reviews

dgwoody

Just curious if anyone has had a chance to shoot any of the new bows yet? I just upgraded two years ago, but I'm considering doing so again to stay up to date on things, rather than milk it out for 15 years like I did with my last bow. Anyway, I'd be curious to know what you guys like better between the new Mathews Phase 4 and the Hoyt VTM?

The only difference in the last 4 or 5 mathews is the inline system and the quieting factor. They don't really shoot much different. I have the v3 and love the heck out of it. Not sure about the others.

I just shot a deer with my Hoyt Vector Turbo from like 2014-ish. Perfect shot placement at 60 yards with a slick-trick fixed blade broadhead. IMO, getting a new bow all the time is a complete waste of money. We humans create the power needed to launch the arrow by drawing the bow with our arms. When I see people with a $2,500 bow setup and $400 Vortex binos it makes me cringe.

If you can afford to buy whatever you want whenever you want then have at it......but your money is better spent on optics, tags, and other gear than a new bow all the time. These items will make or break your hunt, nut a nice used bow setup from 3-10 years ago will not.

You Got a Pic Of Your Buck Stu?

I just shot a deer with my Hoyt Vector Turbo from like 2014-ish. Perfect shot placement at 60 yards with a slick-trick fixed blade broadhead. IMO, getting a new bow all the time is a complete waste of money. We humans create the power needed to launch the arrow by drawing the bow with our arms. When I see people with a $2,500 bow setup and $400 Vortex binos it makes me cringe.

If you can afford to buy whatever you want whenever you want then have at it......but your money is better spent on optics, tags, and other gear than a new bow all the time. These items will make or break your hunt, nut a nice used bow setup from 3-10 years ago will not.

517048E0-4DDB-44E5-8351-8BB33B2391B8.jpeg
20721E10-04AF-4F5C-A774-DF3D43111A23.jpeg

I made a thread about it over in the deer forum. Shot it on my lunch break on the extended. Haha.

I get excited every year that something super great is going to come out?? But nope!!

I have been shooting a 2013 bowtech cpx since new. We put a new string every 3 or 4 years and shoots like new again.

I get excited every year that something super great is going to come out?? But nope!!

I have been shooting a 2013 bowtech cpx since new. We put a new string every 3 or 4 years and shoots like new again.
Thats how I felt this year. I was hoping for something big and exciting, but no one has come out with much other than hoyt just changing their name on the same bow they've been putting out the last two years. The Mathews new limb concept is interesting, but I'm not sure if it will hold up long term.

Thats how I felt this year. I was hoping for something big and exciting, but no one has come out with much other than hoyt just changing their name on the same bow they've been putting out the last two years. The Mathews new limb concept is interesting, but I'm not sure if it will hold up long term.

I think the laws of physics are keeping speeds near the same. The oly thing I see changing is vibration and draw/anchor comfort.

Been shooting the Mathew’s V3x 33. Was shooting an Elite Remedy last year. I’ll go shoot the new ones here soon and see what I think. I’m pretty partial to the V3x right now.

Boy, I still shoot my about 15 year old Mathews Drenalin. Guess I need to update to keep up with the younger crowd. ??

Boy, I still shoot my about 15 year old Mathews Drenalin. Guess I need to update to keep up with the younger crowd. ??

I was in the same boat until a few years ago. My old bow was a 70lb bow with a 65% let off and just an okay draw cycle. I couldn't believe the difference in the new ones. I've planned to upgrade every few years moving forward to stay more current, but the new lines out this year don't seem to be any different then what I'm shooting already.

Well said. I just don't get why archery companies need to roll out a new $1,000 - $1,500 hunting bow every year. Especially when technological advances these days are merely incremental. Alot of marketing hype I guess, "If you build it they'll buy it".

As long as people keep buying them, companies will keep putting out new. Some people think the will finally get deer with a new bow that shoots 5 fps faster than their current setup.

I have two bows a VXR 75lb and a 10’year old 70lb Matthews Heli-m. I take both hunting for when I eat it and break something. But that old light sweet shooting Heli- m leaves the truck with me most of time. I think more than rifle a bow really needs to be a part of you almost and that only comes with some real time with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom