2023 Cc hits post.

If you think one lone person in the UDWR makes all the decisions, you need mental help. Every decision,in the every region, and the sate office takes a team to make a decision. All those people on that team have to answer to a supervisor or manager, just like most people do. They go to work everyday, like you all do, to provide for their family. Some of you need a therapist. If you need a number to a therapist let me know, I have number to a good one for being in public service for half my life.

It is a sad state of affairs when our own government, who work for us, have the tools to make our lives easier and more enjoyable don’t put those tools to work.
People could be celebrating right now calling friends and family celebrating they drew a tag they could of possibly waited more than two and a half decades for.
Planning a hunt with friends and family is sometimes more fun/rewarding than the actual hunt.
Not to mention that knowing just a week or two earlier than May 31 sometimes can make or break vacation/pto requests getting approved.
I don’t know about everybody else, but I LOVE giving people good news.
If results are being delayed just because “we told you it would be May 31st” but could actually be announced now, then shame on the people that work for us.

It is a sad state of affairs when our own government, who work for us, have the tools to make our lives easier and more enjoyable don’t put those tools to work.
People could be celebrating right now calling friends and family celebrating they drew a tag they could of possibly waited more than two and a half decades for.
Planning a hunt with friends and family is sometimes more fun/rewarding than the actual hunt.
Not to mention that knowing just a week or two earlier than May 31 sometimes can make or break vacation/pto requests getting approved.
I don’t know about everybody else, but I LOVE giving people good news.
If results are being delayed just because “we told you it would be May 31st” but could actually be announced now, then shame on the people that work for us.

I was thinking that today.

There's not a reason I've ever heard it takes this long.

And yeah, there are guys who need to schedule days off. Jobs that are being bid, now, etc.

1 month after herd # drop, is plenty of time.

I absolutely know without a doubt that people within the DWR pay attention to these forums. If they don’t like how they’ve been criticized on this topic, they had the ability to prevent it.

This isn’t like Whoopi complaining there are not as many deer as there was in 1960. The DWR employees today have zero ability to influence that fact. However, on THIS topic, it’s one they 100% control. If they don’t want to get thrashed for this, then just conduct the draw. It doesn’t take this long. Period. It is taking this long at this point simply because someone (or multiple people) decided it will take this long.

I 100% know the draw could have been concluded by now. There is not any question about that. But it’s not, so let the thrashing continue. And if the Division does not want to get thrashed on this one, change your ways. Pretty simple.

Am thinking CC hits start midnight tomorrow...
NOT!!
But would be nice to drive 11 hours to my spot for the 3 day weekend and catch some Browns...and look at the green up!
Jester

A little comedy while we wait.
The Southern RAC is talking about what penalty should be assessed if a person shoots a Trumpeter Swan. Gene has some good InSite. lol

Start watching at 1:44:15.

311 posts and I have unfortunately read every one of them. Please draw happen.
I'm right there with you read every comment. If the draw doesn't happen til the 31st how many comments will this thread be at by then??

Last edited:
I am fine waiting till the 31st if they need that much time. However, I agree with Vanilla they could have easily been done by now. Why on Earth wait. Maybe there is a reason, so let's hear it DWR. Are you power tripping or is there a legit reason? If they are waiting just because, that is nonsense. Either way I'm fine but why in the heck would they wait?

Hey KING Niller!

You're Getting a Little CRANKY There!

I Can Only Imagine The Moods When A Whole Bunch of UN'S Are Finally Issued!

I absolutely know without a doubt that people within the DWR pay attention to these forums. If they don’t like how they’ve been criticized on this topic, they had the ability to prevent it.

This isn’t like Whoopi complaining there are not as many deer as there was in 1960. The DWR employees today have zero ability to influence that fact. However, on THIS topic, it’s one they 100% control. If they don’t want to get thrashed for this, then just conduct the draw. It doesn’t take this long. Period. It is taking this long at this point simply because someone (or multiple people) decided it will take this long.

I 100% know the draw could have been concluded by now. There is not any question about that. But it’s not, so let the thrashing continue. And if the Division does not want to get thrashed on this one, change your ways. Pretty simple.

Hey hossy?

You Are THE BOSS!

Right?

I was thinking that today.

There's not a reason I've ever heard it takes this long.

And yeah, there are guys who need to schedule days off. Jobs that are being bid, now, etc.

1 month after herd # drop, is plenty of time.

OMG, another week to wait! Life is so hard!

I just wish June 16 would get here. Leave for Colorado then! But then let’s make time slow down!!

Do we know what stage of completion the draw is at now? Are the tags matched to names? Does the DWR have the results? Is it in verification? Sounds like they may charge after posting this year, but does anyone outside of DWR actually know?

Since we don't know, let's go with it's all ready and they are sitting on it till May 31!

I can't tell if it's Utah DRW or Wildlife Administrative Services but there's definitely no reason this process takes over a month. It's not like they have to figure the process out. Their western neighbor has it completed in 9 days!

I understand the sentiments on this post considering how important the draws are to tens of thousands each year. That being said, the negative, derogatory comments don't serve any purpose. Channel that energy into something productive and contact your representative about creating meaningful legislation mandating the process for conducting the drawing and releasing results. Other states have done it successfully and they get their results every year just like clockwork. -----SS

I’ve seen the government employee at work. Half their time spent at the coffee maker gossiping with other government tics. The other half pissed off in their cubicle for having to waste their time at work.

I dare say that not one of you have ever seen or read the contract DWR has with Systems Consulting/Utah Wildlife Administrative Services (UWAS), but the DWR can't give you information they don't have! EVERYTHING connected to the draw is done by UWAS and has deadline dates, including verifying your addresses, eligibility & credit card info,, contacting applicants for corrections, conducting the draw, sending out draw result emails to every applicant, printing and sending out permits, calling hunters for success rates and publishing draw results and harvest success reports.. So, if the contract reads that May 31st is the deadline for sending draw result emails, the DWR CAN'T promise anything earlier.

Now, FWIW, this year's draw schedule is the same as it always has been, so I don't know why many of you are being so thoughtless. You should be glad you now have tag numbers before you draw.

Edit:
I don't have this year's contract, but the draw probably took place on May 10, but all the verification for eligibility (age, residency, waiting periods, duplicate tags, legal citizenship, up to date child support, wildlife violation status, legal gun ownership status, etc.) has to be done before the permits are awarded, and all that vetting takes time. Be patient!

Last edited:
Everybody who's upset and frustrated about this should boycott the draw next year. Even better, boycott this year by turning back any tags you draw. Don't just complain. Actions speak louder than words.
Why do the comments on here from folks anxious for the draw bother you so much? That's the 3rd or 4th comment of the same nature from you in this thread.

We are a WHOLE entire week away…. I can only imagine how knowing next week instead of this week is going to negatively impact success on the fall hunt.

The good news is that we will get more tags issued next year because of the lower success rates from finding out on the 31st.

We are a WHOLE entire week away…. I can only imagine how knowing next week instead of this week is going to negatively impact success on the fall hunt.

The good news is that we will get more tags issued next year because of the lower success rates from finding out on the 31st.
I understand that this looks like a whiny thread. But from the customers point of view, we can’t ignore the facts. A few of the states, Utah included, drag their feet on some things. Todays hunting world has hunters applying in multiple states every year, with little to no tag security available anymore. So when certain states drag **** out unnecessarily it affects the customers in many ways. If Utah releases results on the 31st, well Wyoming app deadline is the 31st, and Idaho, California, Arizona following in the next week after. Clearly utah results affects many hunters applications for the following states. I see a few folks are defending how the Utah draw process HAS to be done. If California and Nevada can turn around results in less than two weeks, I have to believe that it is somehow possible in the other states as well. I think most people are just sick of government in general, and the shitty answers we get in return from our common sense questions.

I understand that this looks like a whiny thread. But from the customers point of view, we can’t ignore the facts. A few of the states, Utah included, drag their feet on some things. Todays hunting world has hunters applying in multiple states every year, with little to no tag security available anymore. So when certain states drag **** out unnecessarily it affects the customers in many ways. If Utah releases results on the 31st, well Wyoming app deadline is the 31st, and Idaho, California, Arizona following in the next week after. Clearly utah results affects many hunters applications for the following states. I see a few folks are defending how the Utah draw process HAS to be done. If California and Nevada can turn around results in less than two weeks, I have to believe that it is somehow possible in the other states as well. I think most people are just sick of government in general, and the shitty answers we get in return from our common sense questions.
Agreed. Our trusty US Government passed out stimulus checks to every deadbeat with a hand out in record time. Utah can do better.

Why do the comments on here from folks anxious for the draw bother you so much? That's the 3rd or 4th comment of the same nature from you in this thread.
I couldn't care less about your impatient anxiety. Go see a counselor about that.

What bothers me are the attacks on the good people at the DWR that are doing exactly what they committed to and appropriately communicated and set expectations about what would happen.

I have an idea: you guys quit attacking the DWR for doing exactly what they said they would and I'll quit defending them. Deal?

If Nevada can have the fast turn around that they do so can utah, utah has always taken the longest even in years past when we'd get cc hits by about May 11th they took 3 months cause we had to be applied by the end of feb

I couldn't care less about your impatient anxiety. Go see a counselor about that.

What bothers me are the attacks on the good people at the DWR that are doing exactly what they committed to and appropriately communicated and set expectations about what would happen.

I have an idea: you guys quit attacking the DWR for doing exactly what they said they would and I'll quit defending them. Deal?
You sound like Tri when he defends the poachers.

I’m interested in how/why the process changed from charge for the tags and then publish results before the 5/31 deadline as it has been for as long as I can remember to publish results 5/31 and then charge cards after.

And why shut off the card updates 10 days before charging? Seems like a great way for infinitely more customers to get screwed by having credit card’s compromised.

What a tool. Do you work for the DWR? the good people? At this point it looks like either incompetence or little man complex. Show us you have the power to make us wait?

Most of you have no clue how this all works. Quiet whining and giving uninformed advice. If you don’t like it you have choices. Get involved with changing the process or shut up and accept it.

I’m going to TRi to StOp following this thread until the official results our released by the StAte.
Best of luck with the wiggle room before the draw.

IMG_5919.jpeg

To be fair...they've said May 31st in many prior drawings...and results were delivered by mid-May...so maybe misleading repeatedly in the past is why folks are unhappy May 31 actually means May 31 this year?

Also - you can call it impatient anxiety, but there are plenty of legitimate and practical reasons people want results as soon as possible. It may not mean a darn thing to the DWR leadership; but to many of the applicants mid-May v. May 31 results can be helpful. Is anyone going to die? No.

To be fair...they've said May 31st in many prior drawings...and results were delivered by mid-May...so maybe misleading repeatedly in the past is why folks are unhappy May 31 actually means May 31 this year?

Also - you can call it impatient anxiety, but there are plenty of legitimate and practical reasons people want results as soon as possible. It may not mean a darn thing to the DWR leadership; but to many of the applicants mid-May v. May 31 results can be helpful. Is anyone going to die? No.
You're absolutely right. And, they were also very clear when they decided to push back the application deadline so we'd be able to see the quota proposals that there would no longer be any wiggle room in the schedule and they most likely wouldn't be able to release results early like they've done in the past.

Again, they're doing exactly what they said they would...and, remember, they made this change for our benefit of seeing quotas before we had to apply. That's the trade-off we bargained for.

All joking and fun aside, my only issue is that:

1- I’d like to know why it takes so long and they can’t post sooner (like they have done in the past).

The fact that other states can turn it around quickly and UT is now waiting longer than ever to get the job done seems more bureaucratic red tape to me than anything. It’s like someone just said a certain date is the day and every other soldier just got in line and repeats the same words. Some of the people on this site clearly are doing the same. It’s actually funny to watch.

Well to be fair.

Yes they appear whiny , because they are whiny.

I understand what has happened in previous years, under the older model. But this year there were changes. Those changes were asked for, and the state said “due to these changes, you will be informed of your draw results on May 31.”

Some questions may have some “common sense” to them. But the simple fact is. If you get your results on May 31st, then the state met its obligation. Therefore whiny about them not giving you your results earlier than presented when you took that risk, is exactly that. Whining, nothing else.

We all entered this draw, with the expectations of finding out the results, knowingly and willfully. Also while knowing other states deadlines, and draw release dates.

They can take as long as they want to reveal the draw, and anyone can be annoyed by that if they want. That’s what a free society is…and we are all glad we live in one.

There absolutely is a measure of incompetence in this one, regardless of what people will try to say. There simply is no reason in the year 2023 they need this long to run all the steps of the draw. I realize there are multiple aspects to this, but for crying out loud, it’s 2023, not 1967.

M
All joking and fun aside, my only issue is that:

1- I’d like to know why it takes so long and they can’t post sooner (like they have done in the past).

The fact that other states can turn it around quickly and UT is now waiting longer than ever to get the job done seems more bureaucratic red tape to me than anything. It’s like someone just said a certain date is the day and every other soldier just got in line and repeats the same words. Some of the people on this site clearly are doing the same. It’s actually funny to watch.

This I could not answer. I would imagine they have the capabilities to turn this draw around faster.

Heck even from a business standpoint. Getting the money in its account(s) as soon as possible is always better. I know I love when my customers pay me before the required payment date.

But as to your “getting in line”. I can respect that someone is finally cleaning it up and making it run more correctly. I would expect my employees to follow my directives. I don’t want my employees deciding for themselves actions to which don’t align with my commitments.

If they charge after notifications as it seems like they may do, do emails go out before, after or the same time the web draw results are posted?

They can take as long as they want to reveal the draw, and anyone can be annoyed by that if they want. That’s what a free society is…and we are all glad we live in one.

There absolutely is a measure of incompetence in this one, regardless of what people will try to say. There simply is no reason in the year 2023 they need this long to run all the steps of the draw. I realize there are multiple aspects to this, but for crying out loud, it’s 2023, not 1967.
Good points except the DWR is still running on tech from 1967 that was awarded to the lowest bidder!

Many of you are young or have a short memory (I can't hold either against you).

The F&G used to post results by the end or April!!!!! (right about my wife's birthday so I remember it well)

That was nice because we could easier work on vacation time and sheep hunters could make a trip to the desert in May and avoid the damn heat and most of the bugs.

Now we are where we are and, as we all know, we have zero control over what and when happens with the drawing and posted results.

I'm not trying to be derogatory but dammit, hurry up and post results. haha

Signed,
Mr. (im)Patiently Waiting for My Tags.

Many of you are young or have a short memory (I can't hold either against you).

The F&G used to post results by the end or April!!!!! (right about my wife's birthday so I remember it well)

That was nice because we could easier work on vacation time and sheep hunters could make a trip to the desert in May and avoid the damn heat and most of the bugs.

Now we are where we are and, as we all know, we have zero control over what and when happens with the drawing and posted results.

I'm not trying to be derogatory but dammit, hurry up and post results. haha

Signed,
Mr. (im)Patiently Waiting for My Tags.
I'm not super young (39) but if remember right before I was old enough to hunt I was listening to them read the draws over the radio in I believe April sometime

I'm not super young (39) but if remember right before I was old enough to hunt I was listening to them read the draws over the radio in I believe April sometime
they posted them at the division offices on boards out front and you had to wait in line to see if your name was drawn back in the day. Always waited until later in the evening for the crowd to dwindle.

they posted them at the division offices on boards out front and you had to wait in line to see if your name was drawn back in the day. Always waited until later in the evening for the crowd to dwindle.
I remember sitting in the F&G auditorium in 1980 and hearing the names drawn for sheep etc. My wife was one of them drawn for desert sheep. Simpler times for sure.

I’ll throw my two cents in for what it’s worth.

If there was going to be changes in Utahs process of the last few years. It would have been respectful of them to publicly announce their new policy and why it was being implemented. They should bite the bullet and set a date with in a reasonable time frame after the application period. Me I personally would favor a set release date that’s within two weeks of the application deadline. I’m sure they don’t want to be under the gun with a two week turnaround, but hey it 2023. This wait and wonder what day they’re going to be released nonsense that goes on in several states is a negative for all parties involved.

Last edited:
I’ll throw my two cents in for what it’s worth.

If there was going to be changes in Utahs process of the last few years. It would have been respectful of them to publicly announce their new policy and why it was being implemented. They should bite the bullet and set a date with in a reasonable time frame after the application period. Me I personally would favor a set release date that’s within two weeks of the application deadline. I’m sure they don’t want to be under the gun with a two week turnaround, but hey it 2023. This wait and wonder nonsense that goes on in several states is a negative for all parties involved.
They did do all of that. And, they made the change because we, the hunters, asked them to.

I understand the frustration of not knowing until the 31st because historically we’ve seen cc hits two weeks before that but they clearly say May 31st. so I don’t really see what all the fuss is about.
Look at it this way, we still have a week to hold out hope before receiving the annual kick in the nuts email…

I think they have figures out what we have been doing over the years. They have changed things up and are back in control ! Isn't that what it's about control. So I guess when they Say May 31st I guess they are going to mean it ! It's not like they are late. Just not playing the credit card game and checking your draw points seems like they cut that out a few years ago. I don't know what most of you are worried about ? Most of you aren't going to draw anyway . :)

I remember sitting in the F&G auditorium in 1980 and hearing the names drawn for sheep etc. My wife was one of them drawn for desert sheep. Simpler times for sure.
Ya, I think I only did that once. After that it was wait until after the meeting and look them up on the boards out front after business hours.

Boy how we have become spoiled these days. ;)

They did do all of that. And, they made the change because we, the hunters, asked them to.

We did? I don't remember asking them to be this slow.

A friend is a super for a construction company. He was telling me they were building convenience stores. Same plans, same subs, cookie cutter. But they started noticing they were barely hitting completion goals, despite being ahead in all other milestones. So he decided to push the completion dates up.
And, presto, they got hit. Subs had work tied up, so they'd pull guys to start other work, slowing the process.

The reason it takes so long, is because it's allowed.

Somehow $fw can do a draw in 6 days.

A month doesn't seem extra ordinary.

Hey hossy?

I'm kinda Wondering If You & The KING Haven't been SLACKIN on the Tippage?

Did You Not Slip a C-Note In This Year?

We did? I don't remember asking them to be this slow.

A friend is a super for a construction company. He was telling me they were building convenience stores. Same plans, same subs, cookie cutter. But they started noticing they were barely hitting completion goals, despite being ahead in all other milestones. So he decided to push the completion dates up.
And, presto, they got hit. Subs had work tied up, so they'd pull guys to start other work, slowing the process.

The reason it takes so long, is because it's allowed.

Somehow $fw can do a draw in 6 days.

A month doesn't seem extra ordinary.

I remember reading my name on the board for a moose tag at Lee Lay….
Man that was a great day!

"A prominent lawyer calls a plumber to fix a leak in his shower.After about 25 minutes the plumber hands him a bill for $200.00.The lawyer, enraged, says:“I’m a famous trial lawyer, and even I don’t make that kind of money for 25 minutes work!”“Neither did I when I was a lawyer”, says the plumber"

Years ago, in a different life I owed a computer dealership. A local Doctor brought a computer in for repair. He was a good guy and a business friend. I called when it was ready to go and his wife came in to pick it up. It was a labor only repair. Because the Doc was a friend I dropped the charge by 50%. I think was about a two hour repair and I charged him $20.

His wife came unglued when I gave her the invoice and threw it at me. Told me there was no way she it was gonna pay 20 bucks to fix a stupid machine. I asked her how much her husband charged for his labor? I thought she was going have a stroke. She just kept yelling, “he works hard, he works hard”.

I was too shocked to respond as she stomped out the door.

Don’t recall if we ever got paid or not.

Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug!

Years ago, in a different life I owed a computer dealership. A local Doctor brought a computer in for repair. He was a good guy and a business friend. I called when it was ready to go and his wife came in to pick it up. It was a labor only repair. Because the Doc was a friend I dropped the charge by 50%. I think was about a two hour repair and I charged him $20.

His wife came unglued when I gave her the invoice and threw it at me. Told me there was no way she it was gonna pay 20 bucks to fix a stupid machine. I asked her how much her husband charged for his labor? I thought she was going have a stroke. She just kept yelling, “he works hard, he works hard”.

It would have been great if you planted some google searches on how to poison your husband. Ol' doc sure would be minding his P's and Q's with the Mrs!

When will the results be out? May 31

I know but when will they really be out? May 31

Come one, I want the real date. When will they be out: May 31

Come on, you can tell me, I won’t spread it around: May 31

Who is consistent and who is snotty in that conversation?

When will the results be out? May 31

I know but when will they really be out? May 31

Come one, I want the real date. When will they be out: May 31

Come on, you can tell me, I won’t spread it around: May 31

Who is consistent and who is snotty in that conversation?
So, do you think they could possibly start hitting cards on the 28th?

If you think one lone person in the UDWR makes all the decisions, you need mental help. Every decision,in the every region, and the sate office takes a team to make a decision. All those people on that team have to answer to a supervisor or manager, just like most people do. They go to work everyday, like you all do, to provide for their family. Some of you need a therapist. If you need a number to a therapist let me know, I have number to a good one for being in public service for half my life.

There's always ONE that makes all the final decisions.

I dare say that not one of you have ever seen or read the contract DWR has with Systems Consulting/Utah Wildlife Administrative Services (UWAS), but the DWR can't give you information they don't have! EVERYTHING connected to the draw is done by UWAS and has deadline dates, including verifying your addresses, eligibility & credit card info,, contacting applicants for corrections, conducting the draw, sending out draw result emails to every applicant, printing and sending out permits, calling hunters for success rates and publishing draw results and harvest success reports.. So, if the contract reads that May 31st is the deadline for sending draw result emails, the DWR CAN'T promise anything earlier.

Now, FWIW, this year's draw schedule is the same as it always has been, so I don't know why many of you are being so thoughtless. You should be glad you now have tag numbers befo

exactly!!

I thought you reminded me of Super Dale???

I am now going to be checking my email every few minutes. Its simply mean if this is another hoax. If it is...may the wind always be at your back and may your boots never dry out! good luck everybody.

Just checked my email and card again... Nothing yet. Here’s my contribution to getting this thread to at least 400

I am now going to be checking my email every few minutes. Its simply mean if this is another hoax. If it is...may the wind always be at your back and may your boots never dry out! good luck everybody.
Not fake, I know 4 people now.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom