2023 Elk and Antelope Regs

For some reason, I thought historically the new elk/antelope regs would be posted by late December. We have a little over a month until the application date, any thoughts as to when they will be available?

I did review the commission meeting comments a few months back, but figured we would have regs by now.....

Anyone notice the big change in the AZ Big Game Super Raffle? Have to be in AZ to purchase, $10 each, and only 2 month application periods. Wow!!

Here we go

Screenshot_20230106-140555~2.png

Anybody ever get the details on pop management hunts. How often it happens, draw odds, etc?

NR have same draw odds as residents?

$13/$15 for a raffle like chance at az strip, kaibab and unit 10 elk sounds interesting. But I'm suspicious that they throw some of those units on the list just to make money and the hunts have never happened in those units.

Anyone notice the big change in the AZ Big Game Super Raffle? Have to be in AZ to purchase, $10 each, and only 2 month application periods. Wow!!
Trying to make up for hosing all the people that traveled to AZ for the hunters Ed point and then cash grabbed it.

Take the same resource and sell it differently for more money.

Just like they started doing with that second deer/elk draw in the fall. The one where you have to pay again. And AZGFD pretends like those aren't the same animals and tags that we already applied for.

AZ is next level shady.

Take the same resource and sell it differently for more money.

Just like they started doing with that second deer/elk draw in the fall. The one where you have to pay again. And AZGFD pretends like those aren't the same animals and tags that we already applied for.

AZ is next level shady.
AZ is next level shady.

This is true.

A guy I know from works put in for management hunts for himself and his wife. His wife got the call. Once called, you have to go buy the tag. The list of management hunts is max allowed by state, so Game and Fish can use these extra tags to control animal populations. They may or may not issue the tags. I'm not sure if it's population management or cash flow management.

Did you see the caveat that you have to be in AZ to purchase? How are they ever going to validate this? I went through the checkout and it's a box you check to say you're over 21 and in AZ.....might as well pinky promise....

If you don’t like how Arizona does things its real simple don’t apply & stay in your own state!!!
So tired of this every year, people discuss changes - call it critique, call it criticize, call it complain, whatever, but at least talking about something. Then the barking yappy dog comes in and says, “don’t like it, don’t come.”

As if they never complain nor have an opinion about anything and just roll over and happily accept everything in their lives with no comments.

Unlikely.

So tired of this every year, people discuss changes - call it critique, call it criticize, call it complain, whatever, but at least talking about something. Then the barking yappy dog comes in and says, “don’t like it, don’t come.”

As if they never complain nor have an opinion about anything and just roll over and happily accept everything in their lives with no comments.

Unlikely.
I don’t roll over & accept anything. It’s like I said if you don’t like how Arizona does their system don’t apply!!! It’s real simple!! Your yappy dog statement is stupid. It is what is!! If your tired of the statement don’t like don’t come than hunt in your own state or deal with the way it is!! ITS REAL SIMPLE!!!!

I want to be a yappy dog.
Point guard and tag transfers have royally F’d NR draw odds.

Az tag transfer BS screws residents, not NRs. My NR minor son has loved the tags he snagged from the resident quota.

My wife’s parents retired to AZ. My in-laws that have never even shot a rifle. I’ve been buying them cheap annual AZ RES base licenses and tags in AZ for the last few years. They’ve drawn two great bull elk tags and a Desert Ram tag. And donated all 3 tags to my NR minor son and he did pretty well.

Parents/grandparents can transfer AZ tags to minor children/grandchildren, even if that minor is an NR.

I’ve been trying to get my parents to retire to AZ also but my son is nearing 18 so the opportunity is soon closing. And I can't get my daughter to shoot.

Az tag transfer BS screws residents, not NRs. My NR minor son has loved the tags he snagged from the resident quota.

My wife’s parents retired to AZ. My in-laws that have never even shot a rifle. I’ve been buying them cheap annual AZ RES base licenses and tags in AZ for the last few years. They’ve drawn two great bull elk tags and a Desert Ram tag. And donated all 3 tags to my NR minor son and he did pretty well.

Parents/grandparents can transfer AZ tags to minor children/grandchildren, even if that minor is an NR.

I’ve been trying to get my parents to retire to AZ also but my son is nearing 18 so the opportunity is soon closing. And I can't get my daughter to shoot.
Well said, you are right.

I don’t roll over & accept anything. It’s like I said if you don’t like how Arizona does their system don’t apply!!! It’s real simple!! Your yappy dog statement is stupid. It is what is!! If your tired of the statement don’t like don’t come than hunt in your own state or deal with the way it is!! ITS REAL SIMPLE!!!!
Fetch! ???

Now if I even don’t like YOUR statements I should just stay home?

Thanks for proving my point.

When I read these discussions it reminds me of what a friend used to say. This friend, was a very successful HS basketball coach. He would say, rules are put in place and it is up to you to use them to your advantage.

When I read these discussions it reminds me of what a friend used to say. This friend, was a very successful HS basketball coach. He would say, rules are put in place and it is up to you to use them to your advantage.
A very reasonable outlook

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom