2023 HUNT-EXPO ROLL CALL???

Interesting concern. Legitimate concern too. Your one in a thousand opinion apparently is, there is not enough accountability for all that money. My 1 in 1,000 opinion is there is plenty accountability.

I don’t believe a single government employee, from the governor down to the custodian at the DWR and anyone in between would risk their job, a prison sentence, their integrity, their family etc etc to cover up corruption for anyone involved in handling the funds raised and expended by the conservation organizations that hold the expo. Would you be stupid enough to cover up a crime for some guy that you know is been watched by a 1000 haters, waiting to pounce the second a crime is committed. Apparently you have a pretty lofty opinion of your own integrity and a pretty low one of everybody else in the State. I don’t, I don’t think they are ALL corrupt, let alone one or two of them.

There are contracts that are binding in these programs. Auditors and State Attorneys hold these people to their signed agreements. Media journalist demand independent audits, they’ve had them. You must believe the State audits and attorneys are either all corrupt or they are incompetent idiots and guys in the background are criminal genius. I guess you do, I don’t.

If you want to see the check book, sorry, it’s not going to happen. Go visit with the State Purchasing Department and see how far you get telling them you want public access to the Expo organization’s check book….. written into the next contract. Let us know how far you get with that request.

Accountability is required, it’s monitored and the contractual agreements are and have been met, in the past and in the present. Those that need the contracted accountability to be met are getting the accountability required by contract. The required public accountability is been met, as required by the law.

In your 1,000 opinion, it’s not enough, in mine it is.

There’s not much more I can say to this issue, it’s not as if it hasn’t been hashed out every year for the duration of the expo. Research the length and depth of the accusations and claims of corrupt, it’s not difficult to do.

The State’s satisfied, so am I. Your not, that’s you right.

I’m gonna go get some crackers and a little salsa, would you care to share some on your next trip there Paradise?
Enjoy your salsa and I hope you draw an expo tag. You deserve one!

Not an opinion, just a fact. The MM archives are full of all the evidence one needs. And the list of scandals that will never be forgotten, very long. AZ didn’t put a stop to it, we never let it infect the state to begin with. It ended in 2012 before HB2072 could be passed. Not a mystery Utah is #1 in wealth tags. But many don’t realize WY is an easy #2. So what’s your point? I know absolutely nothing about Utah’s AG, but given the governor is corrupt, I certainly expect the AG is as well. I suppose you’re going to defend the Expo contract award fiasco next? ? Or deny it ever happened? Good lord I don’t need to say anything more. You’re diggin your own hole, and everyone knows it.
Funny how having a front row set for every action and reaction since the beginning……. shapes the mind, still my opinion is 1 in a 1,000….. so’s yours.

Combine yours with mine and add a $1.08 m, you can buy a Diet Coke at McDonald, that’s about it.

Regarding this hole, I’ve gotten pretty comfortable here. Funny, isn’t it…… what you don’t mind digging if your comfortable.

Last edited:
Enjoy your salsa and I hope you draw an expo tag. You deserve one!
The facts are…… I all ready have Biggy. I already have. Ain’t that a rip.

There’s nothing I can say about that, that hasn’t already been said……. with no lack of vitriolic accusations. Your turn, knock yourself out, if you wish.

But, thanks for wishing me luck again this year. I appreciate folks that are happy for others good fortune. My kind a folk.

If you were to win the Power Ball lottery I’d be thrilled for you as well…….. so, see…… it’s all good.

Another 1 of a 1,000 opinions. Actually, I think it’s the Attorneys General that you should be frustrated with, but there’s been a new one elected, maybe he’ll see it your way. You should give him a call. While you’re on the phone tell him how Arizona put a stop to it…………. and now they send a small percentage of tags, they pull out of their system, to raise money for their wildlife projects. I think one of those was sold at the expo in Salt Lake for over $700,000.00. Crazy huh!

You should call Arizona Attorneys General and report the corruption crossing their borders from the north now too. Just saying. Send money from Utah into Arizona. Get it stopped asap.

It was you praising Arizona, as I recall.

So Zim, Wyoming sells raffle tickets for big game tags for $100 a ticket, buy all you want. Have you bought any? Wyoming’s concept is to sell raffle tags for $100 each, Utah sells tags for $5 each. Which is more corrupt, in your one of a 1,000 opinions.

Which second party in Wyoming keeps 70% of that $10?

It's corrupt. Has been since the beginning, the corruption is on paper and in meetings.

Further. Utah Elevated was paying for advertising. Meaning YOU.

We now are no longer pimping out wildlife to "support wildlife".

We are now pimping wildlife for the chamber of commerce.

YOU as a taxpayer pay the salaries of the dudes and chicks in brown pants at the booths. You pay them to collect $3.75 per ticket that goes to a private company.

YOU pay taxes and fees to the State of Utah, to pay for advertising and promoting tourism in Utah.

So, to summarize.

We now sell deer to pump up hotels and restaurants, in a city that allows none and county that allows very little hunting. Not a single bit of conservation happens in SLC, yet look where the money is.

We pay salaries of state employees to benefit a private entity.

We lose 200 tags a year.

We are destroying the North American Model, and replacing it with the very European model our ancestors died trying to escape.

Ya. Nothing to see here. 100% the same as Wyoming or Nevada lotto systems.?

Lumpy how much good could come to Sanpete, Wayne, Nebo counties from the influx of tourism each Feb? If we are really about benefits to the State, why isn't this dog and pony show held in counties that could use the $$, and counties where the money making tags come from? Are we really to believe if this was at Blackhawk Arena or Snow College, sandwich man would have paid less?

Of course it's corrupt. And that doesn't mention the hookers and blow that follow big money events that Founder reminded us of.

I enjoyed the expo and sheep camp but I LOVED gabbing with all the people I knew. I bought nothing.

I'm glad we have an expo otherwise some would never have anything to talk about here on MM. ;)

PS: I didn't see even one pair of bedazzled jeans and damn few flatty's.
I did see an extremely chunky guy in SHORTS! He had more stuff flopping around than my last deer weighed! :sick:

To each his own,
Zeke

Interesting concern. Legitimate concern too. Your one in a thousand opinion apparently is, there is not enough accountability for all that money. My 1 in 1,000 opinion is there is plenty accountability.

I don’t believe a single government employee, from the governor down to the custodian at the DWR and anyone in between would risk their job, a prison sentence, their integrity, their family etc etc to cover up corruption for anyone involved in handling the funds raised and expended by the conservation organizations that hold the expo. Would you be stupid enough to cover up a crime for some guy that you know is been watched by a 1000 haters, waiting to pounce the second a crime is committed. Apparently you have a pretty lofty opinion of your own integrity and a pretty low one of everybody else in the State. I don’t, I don’t think they are ALL corrupt, let alone one or two of them.

There are contracts that are binding in these programs. Auditors and State Attorneys hold these people to their signed agreements. Media journalist demand independent audits, they’ve had them. You must believe the State audits and attorneys are either all corrupt or they are incompetent idiots and guys in the background are criminal genius. I guess you do, I don’t.

If you want to see the check book, sorry, it’s not going to happen. Go visit with the State Purchasing Department and see how far you get telling them you want public access to the Expo organization’s check book….. written into the next contract. Let us know how far you get with that request.

Accountability is required, it’s monitored and the contractual agreements are and have been met, in the past and in the present. Those that need the contracted accountability to be met are getting the accountability required by contract. The required public accountability is been met, as required by the law.

In your 1,000 opinion, it’s not enough, in mine it is.

There’s not much more I can say to this issue, it’s not as if it hasn’t been hashed out every year for the duration of the expo. Research the length and depth of the accusations and claims of corrupt, it’s not difficult to do.

The State’s satisfied, so am I. Your not, that’s your right.

I’m gonna go get some crackers and a little salsa, would you care to share some on your next trip there Paradise?
I wasn’t even aware Disneyland was in the real estate business, but how else could you get a residence in Fantasyland? Either that or you are on the SFW payroll. Because no way in hell could anyone possibly ignore over 20 years of embarrassing scandals. Don Peay-to-play makes Mike Madigan & Rod Blagojevich look like altar boys. With this immense body of work, I’m stunned there’s anyone left that could possibly defend these crooks.

I wasn’t even aware Disneyland was in the real estate business, but how else could you get a residence in Fantasyland? Either that or you are on the SFW payroll. Because no way in hell could anyone possibly ignore over 20 years of embarrassing scandals. Don Peay-to-play makes Mike Madigan & Rod Blagojevich look like altar boys. With this immense body of work, I’m stunned there’s anyone left that could possibly defend these crooks.
Well………. you learned something his week. It’s been a long time sense that’s happened.

Pepole do realize there is more conservation groups than just the SFW that is part of the Hunting Conservation Expo.
I am not accusing the Muley Deer Foundation of anything, I personally believe they are a stand up organization and do some great things for the wildlife of Utah, but are the people that are accusing the SFW of 20 years worth of embarrassing scandals think the MDF is turning a blind eye and allowing this to happen.
Explain all these embarrassing scandals over the last 20 years and please include evidence.

Pepole do realize there is more conservation groups than just the SFW that is part of the Hunting Conservation Expo.
I am not accusing the Muley Deer Foundation of anything, I personally believe they are a stand up organization and do some great things for the wildlife of Utah, but are the people that are accusing the SFW of 20 years worth of embarrassing scandals think the MDF is turning a blind eye and allowing this to happen.
Explain all these embarrassing scandals over the last 20 years and please include evidence.
You may as well walk out your back door and howl at a China Balloon notdon. They want to believe people are corrupt and nothing will alter that. It’s not like we haven’t had these same discussions with the same folks, every year for the last twenty years. It goes back to years before the Expo was a twinkle in anybodies eye.

The list is endless and all in the MM archives. You can take your pick. As I mentioned, the last expo award post-deadline rule shuffle scandal stiffing RMEF was just the last prime example. Corey Rossi scandal before that. Just goes on & on & on. I sent Crystal Cruz a total of ten web links back in 12’ and she bit in less than 24 hours. Didn’t take much convincing. These guys follow the same recipe. Survive one scandal, lay low for two years and everyone forgets. Rinse & repeat. The supporters have extremely short memories. Hell a year after Jerry Weiers was busted in AZ he was still elected mayor of Glendale. And he even admitted his guilt on the evening news! Unbelievable. You just can’t make this stuff up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom