2023 Hunt info

RioHuntNutt

The 2023 big game draw and special turkey and bear draw , opens Wednesday January 18 at 10am. The turkey and bear draw closes Feb 15 at 5 pm and the big game draw(elk,bighorn,deer etc) closes Wednesday March 22 at pm. Mandatory harvest reports are due February 15 and February 16 thru March 22 there will be an $8 penalty for late harvest reports .
All applicants who apply for 2023 hunts and who posessed a 2022 big game license and does not submit the mandatory harvest report by March 22 will be rejected from the draw. Every year this happens to a few hundred people. A lot of new changes , some may be good , some not so popular . The RIB is online for viewing and printed books will be available in Late January early February and vendors such as Walmart , Big 5 Sporting Goods , Cabelas and Sportsman's Warehouse will be receiving the 2023 big game RIB. Non residents can also call the NMDGF offices and request the RIB to be mailed...Best Regards .....Rio
Oryx ,ibex, barbary sheep and javalina license holders must submit their mandatory reports for those animals by April 7.

Last edited:
The 2023 big game draw and special turkey and bear draw , opens Wednesday January 18 at 10am. The turkey and bear draw closes Feb 15 at 5 pm and the big game draw(elk,bighorn,deer etc) closes Wednesday March 22 at pm. Mandatory harvest reports are due February 15 and February 16 thru March 22 there will be an $8 penalty for late harvest reports .
All applicants who apply for 2023 hunts and who posessed a 2022 big game license and does not submit the mandatory harvest report by March 22 will be rejected from the draw. Every year this happens to a few hundred people. A lot of new changes , some may be good , some not so popular . The RIB is online for viewing and printed books will be available in Late January early February and vendors such as Walmart , Big 5 Sporting Goods , Cabelas and Sportsman's Warehouse will be receiving the 2023 big game RIB. Non residents can also call the NMDGF offices and request the RIB to be mailed...Best Regards .....Rio
Oryx ,ibex, barbary sheep and javalina license holders must submit their mandatory reports for those animals by April 7.
Thanks as always Rio.

I never did that but last year I waited to the last day and forgot it ends at the close of business that day I went on about 8:00pm the last day HaHaHa

Good luck everyone. I love applying for New Mexico it has some really cool opportunities. I only applied for sheep, oryx, Aoudad and ibex this year and I doubt that I will draw anything as a nr but anyone one of them would be an amazing hunt I feel like.

Patiently waiting for the email saying I've won a NM sheep hunt... ?

Seriously I put in for sheep, elk, oryx and deer. I feel like I have a decent chance of drawing deer.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom