2023 Mule Deer rifle tag: 141-145

Randall82

Hello gents... I drew a rifle buck tag for 141-145 this year. With small children at home I won't be able to get away for scouting. Any info on the area would be much appreciated. Thanks!

How much time do you have to hunt? I hunted this area a few years ago on the Muzzleloader and it was tough. I know the country well and it was still difficult to find mature deer. Sometimes it was hard to find any deer. I scouted 12 days preseason and hunted the entire season. Passed a few younger 4 points and ate the tag.-----SS

With as much precipitation as we've had, I would highly recommend you somehow find a way to at least get out there for a couple of days pre-season. If anything, just to get an idea of what access looks like these days as some of the trails may have gotten washed out.

I was out there for the archery hunt a few years ago and the horse to deer ratio was easily 20:1. Tough hunt and I ate my tag as well

I can get up there 3-4 days early and use those days to scout before opening day.

Not going to "return the tag or hire a guide"... not helpful.

Thanks for the heads up on being a tough area, I figured it may be. I will do what I can to scout prior to the hunt. Not going to shoot anything less than a mature decent sized buck so if I have to eat the tag then at least I will get familiar with the area.

I was out there scouting the unit to the west of yours this last weekend. I drove up the road on the west edge of 143. The range looks great; really green out there. Rancher told me they lost 50 calves in the late March snow and cold and that the deer have suffered a bit but he has seen some big deer. I have a friend who had that unit last year and he shot a pretty good buck in there. Got stuck pretty bad and had to have the Sherriff help him and his hunting buddy get out of there. It's tough country but probably holds some good deer.

Had an archery tag there in 21 and it was tough. Was all over the diamonds and to the far north of the range. I saw deer every day but nothing worth killing imo. Unit used to be killer from what I was told. If I get that tag again I'll hunt 143, specifically in the wildness area

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom