207", 213" and 237" Saskatchewan Muleys(Photos)

Great bucks as always! Keep the pics coming, helps to pass this cold weather this week.

Phantom

Awesome pics of some good old fashion pigs thanks for pics cam,love your web page later........

My hell them are huge deer, thanks for putting them on here to look at.

Smiling.gif

Manny

Why would you say it looks like they were taken behind a fence? Do you see any high fences in the photos. If you say the one in the whitetail photo you have got to be kidding. It is a three strand barbed wire fence for cattle. Do you guys down there not have barbed wire fences for cattle. This isn't the first time I have been told the deer I post are coming from high fenced ranches. Give me a break. Just because there are not mountains in the background doesn't mean they were taken behind a fence. Mule deer do live in other habitat other than rough mountain terrain. The only fences around here are to keep the cattle in, they don't do much to keep the deer in. It just blows my mind when people see deer in different terrain than they are used to and automatically say they must have come from a high fenced area.

Saskman

Sask,
Love them Big Canadian bucks!! Looks like Saskatchewan had some great antler growth this past year. Hope you find some monster sheds this spring.

I think Manny15 means that they are taken on private land..Looks like they come down there and graze in those fields..Whatever...it's no different than an Eastern Plains CO hunt. I'm sure it can still be difficult to hunt them..Personally I prefer the mountainous,public land, but that doesn't mean that if I lived in that area and had access to a ranch, that I wouldn't be trying to shoot some of those bucks.Those are some BIG ones!

I don't think people understand that around here private land does not mean paid hunting or impossible access. over 90% of the land in southern Saskatchewan is private. All you have to do is ask the landowner if he would mind you hunting and 9 times out of 10 he says sure go ahead just close the gates behind you. Even on land posted no hunting if you just ask in a respectful manner you will more than likely be granted free access. That is the beauty of not having any outfitting. Private land stays open to the average guy. The day I have to pay to access private land is the day I quit hunting.

Saskman

Saskman is right, most of the land is privately owned, and most of the time the farmers and ranchers are generous with permission to hunt on their land. Being respectful of the land, by staying on the trails and closing the gates behind you goes a long way to securing future hunting privileges. There is nothing like a few pounds of sausage and jerky to help the rancher appreciate your success, either.

Phantom

Great pics, and a great website. Looks like the mule deer population is doing great up there. I checked out the Saskatchewan regs for mule deer hunting and it doesnt appear that non-residents have much of an opportunity. Is this correct,
or is all the mule deer hunting done through guides?

Also, it dont look like any of the deer were on game farms to me. Pretty open country, most of the terrain in the pics looks the same as southern Idaho or northern Utah.

Really nice BUCKS, looks just like Back Home in So. Dakota with fields and trees scattered around creekbottoms ravines full of cover. Maany15 is just use to these California deer that are to small to jump a 3 wire fence. LMAO

Saskman,awesome deer! the one picture by the bales looks like the same deer that you had pictures of,posted awhile back,is it the same deer?
Also heard a rumor of a HUGE Non typical mule deer taken in Sask. scoring in the 280's, have you heard anything on this?

Thanks for the posts, Cam. Those are some real studs, as expected. Those Canadian bucks are just a notch above most others I see. Do you have any info on the ages for some of these bucks? I'd be curious to know their ages.

Sounds like there is way more respect and trust of people than we have over here in CA.
It's kind of a joke here. Several times I've seen nice bucks on private land below while glassing from the public land and hiked out to ask the rancher if I could go after it and they practically laugh at you. I think a lot of it is because they have had people poach or abuse privileges on their property before, but some of them are just snotty Aholes! At least, that is how it is down here in southern Cal.
Anyhow, nice deer! Thanks for posting!

>Manny
>
>Why would you say it looks
>like they were taken behind
>a fence? Do you see
>any high fences in the
>photos. If you say
>the one in the whitetail
>photo you have got to
>be kidding. It is
>a three strand barbed wire
>fence for cattle. Do
>you guys down there not
>have barbed wire fences for
>cattle. This isn't the
>first time I have been
>told the deer I post
>are coming from high fenced
>ranches. Give me a
>break. Just because there
>are not mountains in the
>background doesn't mean they were
>taken behind a fence.
>Mule deer do live in
>other habitat other than rough
>mountain terrain. The only
>fences around here are to
>keep the cattle in, they
>don't do much to keep
>the deer in. It
>just blows my mind when
>people see deer in different
>terrain than they are used
>to and automatically say
>they must have come from
>a high fenced area.
>
>Saskman

Sask' (woe) why you jumpin the gun dude, all I meant was they were taken on PRIVATE PROPERTY..THATS ALL...I never said anything about high fence's...

Ridge"

I live up north in Cali, it used to be that way up here till about 10 years ago, you could hunt just about anywhere, till people like Steven Segal started buying up all the old ranch's around here.

but on the other hand "SOME" hunters in Cali, are slobs ranchers were getting sued by people they allowed on the place and some would leave the gate open and the cows would get out, leave garbage behind, and belive it or not cut down fence's..I know this first hand because a friend of mine owns a 2000 acre ranch here in Siskiyou county and now he lease's it out to only one family just to pay the tax's...

I meant no ill will here with my comment I guess I'm alittle nieve..?..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom