21 2nd season elk

tmbr_hntr

So I decided to burn my 10 NR deer points on a 2nd season 21 tag primarily so I can take my teenage son along and get him an OTC elk tag. I think I have a pretty good handle on what to expect but am a little curious about what seems to be pretty low success on elk in the unit. My hunch from what I saw when I took him on a CO deer hunt last year, is the elk are just holed up in some pretty rough stuff and most guys are just glassing and hunting from the truck. Does that seem accurate? He's been hunting extreme/rough country with me since he was very little so we'll go where we can find them. If a guy is willing to work hard in there, do you think I can find him a bull?

I can't help you with your question but I also applied for this deer tag and will likely be going solo. I'd be happy to share anything I learn about the elk during scouting trips and while the hunt is going.

Actually I just read recently that a Elk numbers are really down in that area and the harvest stats prove that out.
I hunt a nearby unit and it is the same there Elk #?s have been terrible but there are Elk all you can do is hunt hard and see what happens.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom