21 non res points

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Looking for any info of where my best chance at taken a 350+ bull during a rifle or muzzy hunt. I know I don't have enough points for a San Juan or a Beaver hunt. I see people posting about the Manti and Wasatch? I thought about the Mt Dutton hunt but was told its quite physical. (I'm not a young man) I will be going guided so any input would be appreciated. Would love early rifle but late with a chance at taken a 350 bull would be great,

If your going guided contact him and get his input! He might have a unit he knows well and your odds might be 100% draw.

Contact our very own berrysblaster here on the forum. Their group knows the Wasatch as well as anyone and you can talk to him honestly about what your hunting capabilities are, and he can tell you how realistic that unit is for your abilities and their abilities.

My guess is you’d be happy with a hunt on that unit through them. There are better units out there, and other good outfitters to assist as well.

I killed a good bull on the Manti early rifle hunt in 2019 that was every bit as good as my buddy's Mt. Dutton 2018 late season bull, plus I did it in short sleeves!

I killed a good bull on the Manti early rifle hunt in 2019 that was every bit as good as my buddy's Mt. Dutton 2018 late season bull, plus I did it in short sleeves!
Thanks for your reply. I use to apply to the Manti for years but never drew.

Wasatch
berry blaster, hightop, mossback, and Hightop are all great choices. All of them could help you and do well on any of the seasons

Manti
Goochs guide service (Lives on the unit good track record of big bulls) , APEX (Jace Guymon lives on the unit recently killing great bulls), and mossback has a good resume on the manti.

SW desert
Jason Carter epic outdoors and mossback both capable of killing great bulls on each season

Boulder
DC outfitters (early hunts not sure how much time he guides on late tags), Bronson outfitting( early hunts), Alpha outfitters (Early and Late Hunts some local boys guide for them and know that unit very well in all seasons), North Rim Outfitters has done well on the unit. all great choices and all spend alot of time.

Fishlake
Albrecht Outfitting is currently doing well on that unit. Hightop spends some time their as well.

Panguitch Lake or Mt. Dutton
Jake Bess would be the way to go

The expo is this week if you could make it down you could pick most of these peoples brains. Or look them up and find out pricing and availability.

Last edited:
Wasatch
berry blaster, hightop, mossback, and Hightop are all great choices. All of them could help you and do well on any of the seasons

Manti
Goochs guide service (Lives on the unit good track record of big bulls) , APEX (Jace Guymon lives on the unit recently killing great bulls), and mossback has a good resume on the manti.

SW desert
Jason Carter epic outdoors and mossback both capable of killing great bulls on each season

Boulder
DC outfitters (early hunts not sure how much time he guides on late tags), Bronson outfitting( early hunts), Alpha outfitters (Early and Late Hunts some local boys guide for them and know that unit very well in all seasons), North Rim Outfitters has done well on the unit. all great choices and all spend alot of time.

Fishlake
Albrecht Outfitting is currently doing well on that unit. Hightop spends some time their as well.

Panguitch Lake or Mt. Dutton
Jake Bess would be the way to go

The expo is this week if you could make it down you could pick most of these peoples brains. Or look them up and find out pricing and availability.
Wow. Thanks for your reply. Can't make it down this year but have went there in past years. I'll email them and ask questions.

Wow. Thanks for your reply. Can't make it down this year but have went there in past years. I'll email them and ask questions.

It wouldn't hurt to call epic outdoors and discuss odds.I think for them to do consulting services is only 50 bucks for a species. They could narrow down and help you possibly draw your dream tag and might have some better ideas for you. It would be a small fee to help get a tag in your pocket.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom