21A & 28 idaho elk

IDoutdoors

Which unit would be better for elk and deer( general hunts)? Not looking for anything huge just an average size buck and bull. Is the terrain simialr in 21A and 28? Maybe some info on where to begin. I'm going scouting next weekend. Also need info on any meat lockers in Salmon? Thanks

Thanks, Brian

Do not take your deer or elk to Lakota Custom Meats. I left my deer there to be cut up and frozen last year. I came back ten days later to find it soured. They had not touched it. When I had a talk with the Health Dept. I was told that Pete's was the place to go.
Good Luck,
Don

THey are both good general units. 21A has a migration population of elk that will come over toward the end of the season which makes the elk hunting pretty good at times. The last several years 28 has had both big bulls and big bucks out of it. Great unit and lots of rugged country to get away from everyone. I guess that if I were to hunt the unit while both the deer and elk unit were open I would have to pick unit 28.
On the subject of meat cutters, Lakota usually does a good job, the last guy to post seemed unhappy, but they do a good job. There is rocky mountain custom pack, which also does a good job, but I agree with the last one of Pete's meats, he is who I would choose.

Hope this helps

>Which unit would be better for
>elk and deer( general hunts)?
>Not looking for anything huge
>just an average size buck
>and bull. Is the terrain
>simialr in 21A and 28?
>Maybe some info on where
>to begin. I'm going scouting
>next weekend. Also need info
>on any meat lockers in
>Salmon? Thanks
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks, Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom