22 Creedmoor

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
Any of you shootin a 22 Creedmoor? I'd love to hear your feedback.
I am pondering putting one together probably for predators.
What loads, barrel twist, etc.

I built one of a cz 550 action. 1/7 twist Lilja barrel 22 inch. Have shot 75 and 88 eldm using RL 26. Been a fun gun mainly used for coyotes. No regrets here, cant believe a factory rifle hasn’t started producing them yet. I also have one I built myself on a savage action with a 16 inch barrel. The savage likes 77 tmk.

Built one last year and it’s my favorite rifle Ive ever owned ( I have a few customs) built mine with a 6.5 twist barrrl at 18” suppressed. Dream to reload. 95gr match kings are hell on the coyotes and did a great job on last years pronghorn

It’s a sweet little cartridge. Basically a 22-250AI. I’d go 6.5 twist also. RL26 is very popular with the heavy 22cal bullets. Hammer even makes some pretty wicked 22cal bullets.

It’s a sweet little cartridge. Basically a 22-250AI. I’d go 6.5 twist also. RL26 is very popular with the heavy 22cal bullets. Hammer even makes some pretty wicked 22cal bullets.
I was looking at the heavier Hammers last night wondering about them in the 22CM. I'm also a little surprised that RL 26 is popular in this cartridge. I have a slow twist 220 Swift that needs really fast burning powders, but that's with light bullets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom