22 deer points colorado

greywolf

Hi, I know there's been lots of talk about points and what to apply for. I, have now 22 points. I, have been waiting for a few years for the deer to rebound after the bad winter a few years back. Haven't really heard much about big bucks , .I am looking at unit 66 3rd or 4th season or unit 44 4th season. I will be doing it on my own , I can't afford a guide or pay for a ranch to hunt. Any input on what you would do if you where in my boots . this will be for sure my last time building points so I want to make the most of it . thanks fellow monstermuleys members.

BOTH OF THOSE UNITS/CHOICES ARE AT THE VERY TOP OF MY LIST, 44 THIRD OR 4TH BEING FIRST........4TH SEASON COULD BE A KILLER OF A HUNT....SINCE YOU HAVE THE POINTS...SHOOT STRAIGHT!!!!.............YD.

Resident or Non Resident? I was in your shoes this past season. I burned my 22 points and couldn't be happier with my decision. I only wish I could do the hunt again without having to wait nearly a quarter century. If you are a resident send me a PM and I'll share how I came about my decision and the results.

I used my points on a RFW tag. Unfortunately, non residents can not apply for RFW tags. Unit 44 is out my back door. Great bucks in 44. You'll want weather to push them down and it is a short five day season. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Does anyone have pictures of bucks they have killed in unit 44 in the last few years. I know traditionally 44 is the best ,but from what I am gathering that is not a easy hunt ,weather dependent,lot of private land in winter ground. I just don't wanna be stuck hunting private property border lines ,just seems like not that fun of a hunt what's your guys advice on 66 3rd or 4th season. Thanks guys for taking the time to give me advice. I do really appreciate it.

This buck was the 4th largest buck I saw during my hunt this past season. 5 days leaves you a little pressed for time when you are trying to be selective. I don't regret using 17 resident points. Was a fun hunt saw some good bucks and had a great time.

>awesome deer, i only have only
>19 more years to hit
>22 point
yep and then you will only need 41 points to draw 44 4th season.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom