22 muley tag

Pulled a 22 deer tag and curious if anyone has had the tag in the past few years. Almost didn't get to the store in time to apply and I was frantically flipping through the regs and giving the clerk hunt numbers. Any info on this hunt and the unit is greatly appreciated because I I work out of town and won't have any opportunities to scout or get to learn the unit, already got my vacation in with the boss for the last three days of the season. Thanks in advance!

Wow… one of the best tags in the state. Whole 3 days huh?
Really? Guess I got absolutely **** house lucky. I spent a day and a half there cross country skiing a few years back and remembered some people in the Cafe talking about the unit, when I was applying for tags I just threw it in the hat. Wish I had time to get up there for a day and scout before the season opener.

You did get chit house lucky. Buddy of mine that had the tag last ( I’ve had a few but never myself) lives in the unit, knows it better then I ever will and did not shoot a buck. 3 days, you’ll see deer. I eat that tag for anything less then 190 but you better have some more of that chit house luck if you don’t know the unit and are not scouting it. If I couldn’t get more time off I’d quite my job. Can get a new job way easier then drawing that tag again

Pulled a 22 deer tag and curious if anyone has had the tag in the past few years. Almost didn't get to the store in time to apply and I was frantically flipping through the regs and giving the clerk hunt numbers. Any info on this hunt and the unit is greatly appreciated because I I work out of town and won't have any opportunities to scout or get to learn the unit, already got my vacation in with the boss for the last three days of the season. Thanks in advance!
Congrats! I’m assuming you drew the late rifle tag? How did your buddy do on the 22 hunt last year after the burn?

Horniac

How hard do you want to work and how big do you want to shoot? I'll bet you can kill a deer in the first hour but I'm with JPickett, I eat that tag unless it's 190 class. Of course I'd start looking in August...

I'm truly surprised, no one took the bait and bashed my balls into oblivion about asking for advice on a coveted tag that I "had no idea" about. Good on you fellas, you passed the morality test. I couldn't help myself and decided to post this bullsh*t, I didn't draw the tag, I was simply seeing how long it would take to turn into a sh*t show. I did draw the 31 hair tag though, an area I am extremely familiar with and have hunted since I was 12. The only help I'll be needing on that hunt is for packing meat. Even though this was a bait post, thanks for your replies and Dm's. Now, let the ball bashing commence.....

You will get a lot of help in the future, what a jackass. You wonder why others are leery of giving info. I’ll bet your a real slayer

Sorry to ruffle your feathers there kawkbill. Hope you can heal your feelings in your safe spot. It was super douches such as yourself that I knew would take the bait.

Ouch, DPblind... You better get back to your truck stop glory hole before your spot is taken. Don't forget your double headed purple thunder again either, we all know it's your specialty finishing act.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom