22 North

LT

I was extremely lucky and drew 22 N Early Rifle. Im looking for some information / opinions about age class of the bulls in this unit. Would love to hear your thoughts. feel free to PM. Thanks

Probably one of the worst units in the state for that early rifle tag. Shoot the first 6 point you see. Quality is horrible in 22N. You will get on some good rutting action though.
Damn. Thats not very promising but i feel that an early tag in 22n is probly better than an elk tag in most other states even tho its not one of the top az units.

I have a friend that lives and guides in 22N. He turns up some pretty good bulls, remarkable for that unit. There are some, as in few, good bulls but you will need to put in a lot of time and effort to locate one. But you'll be hunting in the rut, how bad can that be?

Spend some days scouting, There is always a nugget here and there.
Early tag look close to the rim if they have started to move in.

Spent some time in Strawberry a few yrs back and the bulls were very vocal on the west side of town. Quite a fee water holes in the wilderness area turn up some nice bulls too.

I was extremely lucky and drew 22 N Early Rifle. Im looking for some information / opinions about age class of the bulls in this unit. Would love to hear your thoughts. feel free to PM. Thanks
Go a week early and find yourself a big bull.

22 North Bull
2011-01-10_07-53-14_626 (Small).jpg

Better than 22S though...

Really? The only time I ever hunted 22S, it was the early muzzleloader hunt. I called in a 360” class bull that my buddy turned down at about 35 yards because it had a broken G5. The next day he decided he wanted it after all but we couldn’t find it again. We also saw several 330-340 class bulls. In the end, he F’ed up and shot a bull that grossed about 310”. It was a damn fun hunt.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom