221-223 late Elk

grosventrehunter

Very Active Member
As stated already I ended up drawing 221-223 late elk. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some information. I've heard 221 is better than the other 2 units but not sure how accurate that is. Do the elk move into this country later in the season, or is it pretty much a resident herd. Are the wilderness areas the place to start looking? I have some information and still have a lot more research to do. Thanks

I drew 231 deer two years ago and would be more than willing to help others there, or here in Wyoming.

Last edited:
I just think it's weird that a guy who bashes on NR hunters in Wyoming wants help in another state?
Bash on guys trying to conduct business in Wyoming. Kinda odd? No feelings hurt here, I draw my fair share of tags, even a few in Wyoming.

Maybe your reading comprehension is lacking, or you're just ignorant. Show me in any of my posts where I've bashed on NR. I will be patiently waiting! I stand behind what I have said. Wyoming needs to go to a 90/10 split, i dislike founder's scouting service, wish they would do away with the wilderness law for NR and I'm against WYOGA. Now show me where I've bashed NR. I have and will continue to help out NR. I'm currently talking several now and will point them in the right direction. In the past I've helped plenty. Send me your address and I can give you a coupon for some maxi pads if need be. I will be glad to help.

So you have the November 21 through December 4 hunt correct?
I had that hunt 14 years ago and back then it was about a week later and I could also hunt area 11.
I went guided with Bull Ridge outfitters and we spent the first week on the north end of unit 222.
My guide was looking for some bulls that he had seen during the summer scouting couldn’t find them and he said they must’ve moved North into 111.
So I would say yes there are resident elk in there but during your hunt they will likely be moving.
I wound up killing my bull in unit 111 and it was one of the ones my guide had seen during the summer in 222.
381 gross 376 net.
Be prepared for any kind of weather and one thing for sure is it will be cold. Wyoming cold.
That’s all I’ve got for you and things may have changed since then.
Probably not though.
Good luck to you and I’m sure if you put enough effort into it you will kill a good one.

Gros,

That's a great tag to have, I have been applying for awhile also. Please keep us folks that can't draw the tags informed on how your hunt goes. I bet it will be a hunt of a lifetime. Good luck,

Rich

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom