23 N Elk Archery Non-resident Bonus Pass

Iddogguy

Wondering how many points this hunt will take? First year it's available with the hike to 20 permits. Last year 22 points was the highest points for a Non-resident that applied. What's you guess. There was a couple with 27 for the rifle hunt, I think. Mark

Just wondering what you consider "high point"-thanks, Brad
I was wondering that also.
I applied for 23 N rifle first choice & 23 N archery 2nd choice. I have 25 points, I should have done the online Hunter Safety! Wait and see.

There are no bonus tags drawn in the 1, 2 pass for NR in 23N each year.

There is only one NR random tag available and those odds are 1 in 350 for early archery and 1 in 1550 for early rifle.

Basically it's impossible to draw a 23 early tag as a non resident regardless of how many points you have.

About the same odds as being struck by lightning :)

Cheers, Pete

It went to 20 tags this year. That should put 1 tag in the Bonus Pass?
You are correct. There will be one bonus pass tag for NR now that it went to 20. For both the archery and rifle hunts. Very good chance you could draw the archery tag but most likely someone with more than 25 will get the rifle tag.

Just to clarify...

There is no such thing as a NR permit, per se. There are two permits available in the bonus round & only one of those two MAY go to a NR. It doesn't necessarily mean it will. Hypothetically, if there are two guys with more BPs than him who apply for the same hunt, they will get the permits. They could be two residents or one resident & one NR, but not two NRs.

If a NR doesn't draw a permit in the bonus pass, UP to two NRs (10% MAX) can draw in the next random round. Of course, it might wind up that one or no NRs get a permit, as well.

Outdoorwriter, everyone reading this knows what we're talking about. I figured you'd get tired of being such an arrogant know it all but you never give up. 99% of the time that tag available to a NR goes to a NR whether its in the bonus pass or random. So statistically speaking that tag will be going to a NR.

Outdoorwriter, everyone reading this knows what we're talking about. I figured you'd get tired of being such an arrogant know it all but you never give up. 99% of the time that tag available to a NR goes to a NR whether its in the bonus pass or random. So statistically speaking that tag will be going to a NR.
How the hell do you know who is reading this and what they know or do not know? Are you clairvoyant??

And no, I'll never get tired of providing useful information regardless of whether you like it or not. If that is "arrogant," so be it.

How the hell do you know who is reading this and what they know or do not know? Are you clairvoyant??

And no, I'll never get tired of providing useful information regardless of whether you like it or not. If that is "arrogant," so be it.
If anyone reading this knows enough to know about bonus pass tags and that 20 tags now allows a NR to get a tag they know enough to know what we're talking about. If they don't then it's gonna go right over their heads. Half the shi* you say isn't to be useful its to make yourself feel good. 95% of the time you talk down to anyone you're talking to rather than just providing useful information. Wanna know how I know you are still living in your early glory days wanting a pat on the back? You act like you're the azgfd public relations officer reposting every thing they post on their website. Its kind of weird.

Anyone with half a brain knows exactly what we were talking about and the discussion about it was going smoothly until as usual "well, technically", "well, per se", "well, actually", followed by some in depth description of something noone asked for because we already know what we're talking about. Not every post needs some in depth explanation by outdoorwriter so he feels special.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the information.
I thought that's how it worked.
I see last year in 23 N Rifle there were
residents 25 points 1-1st choice, 1-2nd choice
non-res. 25 points 5-1st choice, 4-2nd choice
So, I have no chance there.
But in 23 N Archery last year
residents 19 points 3-1st choice, 1-2nd choice
non-res. 22 points 1-1st choice, 1-2nd choice
I'm in this year at 25 points, it's going to be a long few days!

Thanks all for the information.
I thought that's how it worked.
I see last year in 23 N Rifle there were
residents 25 points 1-1st choice, 1-2nd choice
non-res. 25 points 5-1st choice, 4-2nd choice
So, I have no chance there.
But in 23 N Archery last year
residents 19 points 3-1st choice, 1-2nd choice
non-res. 22 points 1-1st choice, 1-2nd choice
I'm in this year at 25 points, it's going to be a long few days!
I think you may be looking at old info. This is last draws nr info for 23n archery. Unless you were the nr that tried with 24 points there's a good chance you'll have to atleast compete with him this year at 25.

Screenshot_20220223-120625_Chrome.jpg

I'm looking at the Arizona Bonus-Point-Report. It showed nothing after 22 points archery & 25 rifle. I don't feel as good now. Should have done the online Hunters safety!!!!!!!
Maybe I'll change my Utah application to archery, I put in for San Juan rifle elk because I didn't want two great tags in the same time frame.

Last edited:
If anyone reading this knows enough to know about bonus pass tags and that 20 tags now allows a NR to get a tag they know enough to know what we're talking about. If they don't then it's gonna go right over their heads. Half the shi* you say isn't to be useful its to make yourself feel good. 95% of the time you talk down to anyone you're talking to rather than just providing useful information. Wanna know how I know you are still living in your early glory days wanting a pat on the back? You act like you're the azgfd public relations officer reposting every thing they post on their website. Its kind of weird.

Anyone with half a brain knows exactly what we were talking about and the discussion about it was going smoothly until as usual "well, technically", "well, per se", "well, actually", followed by some in depth description of something noone asked for because we already know what we're talking about. Not every post needs some in depth explanation by outdoorwriter so he feels special.
At my age, I have no inclination to make myself feel special or good, via 'living in your early glory days" or by any other means. Now I just roll along, even though I occasionally must abide a-holes along the way. So I'll continue to do what I do whether it meets your approval or not.

P.S. - I just posted the latest from the "messenger boy."

At my age, I have no inclination to make myself feel special or good, via 'living in your early glory days" or by any other means. Now I just roll along, even though I occasionally must abide a-holes along the way. So I'll continue to do what I do whether it meets your approval or not.

P.S. - I just posted the latest from the "messenger boy."
P.S. let me know if you wanna sell those elk points since you're not gonna be able to use them.

I'm looking at the Arizona Bonus-Point-Report. It showed nothing after 22 points archery & 25 rifle. I don't feel as good now. Should have done the online Hunters safety!!!!!!!
Maybe I'll change my Utah application to archery, I put in for San Juan rifle elk because I didn't want two great tags in the same time frame.
That Hunter’s Safety point may haunt you….but you never know! We’ll all know March 2! Good luck!

Didn't know there were supposed to be 20 tags this year !!!
Thanks Iddogguy and bigbull !!!

Good luck in the draws. I'm in for 23N for early archery as well, so we're on the same page :)

What he said ? If your second choice was lower quality hunt odds are you got second choice.

Unless you're a resident then little better odds.

I know It’s much more likely that it’s my 2nd choice, although that’s a very good tag as well, so I’m pretty happy.

I am in the resident Pool, and definitely drew a random tag.

Well good Deal El Gringo!
I just got home been Wolf & Lion hunting the last few days. I was hoping to draw, oh well I've been disappointed before!!!

Great for you!!! Hope you have a fantastic hunt!

I thought I had a chance at drawing, Oh well disappointed again. I was beginning to think I may have messed up my CC. I had to get a new card because of fraud. Made me nervous to think I could lose a point over that. Mark

Great for you!!! Hope you have a fantastic hunt!

I thought I had a chance at drawing, Oh well disappointed again. I was beginning to think I may have messed up my CC. I had to get a new card because of fraud. Made me nervous to think I could lose a point over that. Mark
You don’t lose the point anymore. That was changed several years ago. Once you pay the app fee during the application process, you’re good. If there is CC fraud after the fact, it doesn’t matter. You’ll still get the point.

One of the more positive changes over the past several years.

Come on Tony, you wasted the last 20 years of your elk hunting life and now are incapable of using them so let me make good use of them for you.
Awful quiet in here. You've visited a couple times, but the question above is still unanswered. Cat got your tongue?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom