231 Archery Bull Tag

Corym181

Hey all, I was really lucky this year and drew the only non res archery bull tag this year. I made it out to scout a few days in July. Saw some really nice bulls and will be hunting the last 12 days of the season. Here's one bull I was able to phone skope while I was out there. Feel free to post Bulls from 231!! I'll update how my hunt went after the season. Also anyone hunting 231 or has hunted it how has the rut action been while during the archery season??

20220626_192347_remastered.jpg

20220626_192341_remastered.jpg

Sorry for the delay guys. So we planned to hunt the last 12 days off the season September 5th-16th. First two days were spent glassing the Westside of Parsnip wilderness trying to turn up the bulls we found during our scouting trip but could not turn up a single bull. Didn't hear a bugle the first two days probably due to the hot weather. Decided to move to table top area. Ended up glassing up a small heard with two bulls but decided the were to far from the road for us to to get the meat out without risking meat spoilage with it being just me and my hunting partner. Felt like most the elk were in the lower stuff so we moved one more time to the low country on the Eastside of the parsnip wilderness. Finally started to hear consistent bugling throughout the morning and evening of the 4th day, we felt the rut was picking up. 5th day I was able to call my bull into 5 yards broadside with cow calls. I put the arrow right behind his shoulder and he died a 100 yards from where I shot him. Definitely not the biggest bull we saw but I could not pass him up as I haven't killed an elk before let alone with a bow! All in all I'm happy with experience as I learned so much and having a bugling bull that close is something I will not soon forget.

20220909_190902.jpg

Sorry for the delay guys. So we planned to hunt the last 12 days off the season September 5th-16th. First two days were spent glassing the Westside of Parsnip wilderness trying to turn up the bulls we found during our scouting trip but could not turn up a single bull. Didn't hear a bugle the first two days probably due to the hot weather. Decided to move to table top area. Ended up glassing up a small heard with two bulls but decided the were to far from the road for us to to get the meat out without risking meat spoilage with it being just me and my hunting partner. Felt like most the elk were in the lower stuff so we moved one more time to the low country on the Eastside of the parsnip wilderness. Finally started to hear consistent bugling throughout the morning and evening of the 4th day, we felt the rut was picking up. 5th day I was able to call my bull into 5 yards broadside with cow calls. I put the arrow right behind his shoulder and he died a 100 yards from where I shot him. Definitely not the biggest bull we saw but I could not pass him up as I haven't killed an elk before let alone with a bow! All in all I'm happy with experience as I learned so much and having a bugling bull that close is something I will not soon forget.

View attachment 87901
Great bull with the bow, congrats!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom