231 Archery Deer

Trophy_Taker

Hopefully someone is willing to help me out! I just picked this tag up on the new First Come First Serve list.

I will be going in blind but hoping to make the most of it. If anyone is willing to give me some insight regarding places to hunt, camp, motel options (if camping is just too hot), etc.

I would very much appreciate any help.

The best hunt to take a GREAT buck this unit is known for ... Pioche is town for needs. Hunt highest country ... find water. Good Luck ... Bruce & SilverGrand

Hopefully someone is willing to help me out! I just picked this tag up on the new First Come First Serve list.

I will be going in blind but hoping to make the most of it. If anyone is willing to give me some insight regarding places to hunt, camp, motel options (if camping is just too hot), etc.

I would very much appreciate any help.
I saw that tag on the site this morning also. Congrats! I can’t help with any intel but hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

Thanks, totally unexpected tag for me. I have a call into the bio for the unit so hopefully he will return my call. Would you guys recommend any area over another? It looks like the higher elevations will be Mt. Wilson or peaks on the Utah border. I plan to camp in a small trailer so I may be limited to camping lower on the mountain. I will also bring an ATV to access some of the rough trails from camp.

Awesome tag, big deer are taken out of that unit every year. Good luck, find water and look high. Glass, Glass, Glass!

Spent a few days bouncing around looking at several of the higher elevation areas. Beat the heck out of my SxS on the boulder laden trails into those areas. Turned up quite a few bucks with a 170 4x4 being the best. Hopeful that I can make one more trip before seasons end. Are there any lower elevation areas worth a look this early in the year?

Spent a few days bouncing around looking at several of the higher elevation areas. Beat the heck out of my SxS on the boulder laden trails into those areas. Turned up quite a few bucks with a 170 4x4 being the best. Hopeful that I can make one more trip before seasons end. Are there any lower elevation areas worth a look this early in the year?
How did you end up doing? Get anything?

The roads to the the top of Table and White Rock Peak are some sketchy roads IMO.

There are bucks top to bottom in 231. This buck was at the 7,000 feet elevation in Aug and Sept. Probably 190+ in this pict. Killed the year after and scored 232.

EK001233.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom