242 ?'s

Shummy

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-08 AT 08:58AM (MST)[p]Bear with me, I'm new to Nevada, or any other state besides Utah for that matter I'm interested in this area, especialy a late in the year hunt. It's close to my house in Utah and is an area that I hunt coyotes in a lot during the later months of the year. I have seen some bucks that I would be proud to harvest and I usually don't see a lot of other people around. Is this a sought after area or do I have pretty good odds of drawing?

keep dreaming, its one of the hardest tags to get. now if your willing to pick up a bow, you might have a chance at an archery tag.

Happy Hunting

Well last year there were 2 non res tags and 215 first choice applicants which made the odds 108 to 1.

Good luck. Chances are slim but it is possible.

Check it out here.

www.ndow.org

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-08 AT 11:50AM (MST)[p]Yea, I found the odds, looks pretty slim. It would be nice though, I've seen some good bucks east of Caliente. The good news is I can hunt the Utah side about every other year, and still have a chance at a good buck. The area really depends on the cold weather moving in though.

The odds used to be fairly decent until some of the magazines and application services from Utah started publicizing it. Now... good luck.

Great late hunt,put it down as Your 1st choice and follow it up with 4 nearby units ??? You can't draw if You don't apply ---

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-08 AT 04:05AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the help guys, I know the area pretty good, if any of you draw the hunt let me know and I'll try and be of some help.
I do have one more question, have any of you seen chukars in that area? I found some on the Utah side, but I like to check out new places.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom