25-06 Bullet choice ???

Stillwater165

Very Active Member
I finally located a 25, not my first choice but a new Winchester featherweight. I had a Tikka ordered with a 24 in barrel for almost 2 years and was told they might not make any more in that caliber. This winny only has a 22 in barrel. I’ve been shooting 2 different loads, a 100 gr Barnes TTSX and a Hornady 110 gr eld x. My question is which is the better deer bullet ??? Accuracy is a wash ….. Thanks

Hello Matt, I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.., I’ve shot both, although not in .25 cal but they both have worked well for me in .284 cal…
Good luck next week!

I use a Sierra 120 gr gameking in my 257 Ackley in. Winchester Feather weight which runs just shy of 2900 fps. Works great on deer and antelope. Should be similar to your 25-06.

Hello Matt, I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.., I’ve shot both, although not in .25 cal but they both have worked well for me in .284 cal…
Good luck next week!
I kinda figured it might be a wash, sure wish the Tikka I ordered would have come in but hey that’s life ! Thanks a bunch ! I hate admit it but my sons new T3 Lite shoots way better than my purchase…….

I use a Sierra 120 gr gameking in my 257 Ackley in. Winchester Feather weight which runs just shy of 2900 fps. Works great on deer and antelope. Should be similar to your 25-06.
I’m right at 3,175 fps over a dose of 4831, if my chrony is telling the truth ! Boy sierras have been hard to find…..

I have several boxes of 25 cal. 117gr. Spitzer BTs and 120gr. HPBTs I'm looking to sell if you guys are interested.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom