.260 Remington

T

TopWater225

Anybody else shooting a .260 Remington? I bought one last year, and including the sighting in, I have now shot a total of 15 rounds. WOW, what a joy to shoot! I was worried that the 24" barrel was going to comprimise accuracy, but this sucker is a tack driver. I can't wait to get out and spend some time with it to find that perfect load. I was able to take a pretty nice buck with it in the Colorado high country using a 100 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip. So far, I feel this rifle is going to be a favorite of mine.

I have one in the Remington laminated stainless mountain rifle. I handloaded it with 129 Hornady SST's and took a Utah antelope two years ago. Also took it coues hunting one year with 120 Nosler BT's. I shoots the 95 grain V-Max bullets real well, but so far it is dogless. The rifle handles well and the recoil is light.
What kind of performance did the 100 BT exhibit on the muley?

Doug/RedRabbit

Sorry it took me so long to reply. You have the exact rifle as I do. Don't you just love the feel of that thin?! It put the muley down in its tracks, but the circumstance was not very challenging. I think I am going to really like this caliber, but until I do some real testing this summer, the verdict is still out.

I was just skimming through some of the older posts on here and saw this one and figured I'd better reply. I have that same .260 mountain rifle and love the heck out of it. I've had it for about 5 years now and I will never get rid of it. I have used it on Muleys and black bear, and of course it's seen its fair share of yotes as well. Great little rifle, easy to carry and I love shooting it. Unless I mess something up during the shot process on an animal, I know that when I pull the trigger, I wont have to pull it again.

Jaxon

I also have the Remington Laminated. Have yet to shoot it. Topped it with a Leupold 2.5x8

Wish there was an accubond or interbond for it...

i have the same rifle but mine is the 30-06, this thing is my baby but i think it is going to becom my elk/bigger game rifle once i get my .270 wsm, that thing will prolly turn into my coues rifle, which i hunt most of all.
Casey

I had one put together a couple years ago. I really enjoy shooting it at the range and in the field. It seams like its really easy to load for too. It really likes the lighter bullets in the 100-120gr range. I had trouble getting 129s and 140's to group, I think the best I got was about an inch and a half give or take, I don't think my bbl has a fast enough twist to stabilize them. I've worked up loads with H414 and RL19 with great results. Mostly in the 1/2" range or less. The first deer I shot with factory Federal 140 Sierras, full penitration from about 200 yards. The second was a whitetail doe at about 150 yards with 100gn Ballistic tips. Dropped on the spot...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom