268 Sheep/ewe

Z

I have made several scouting trips since the results came out. I found them in July rutting and in August. My wife and I made the hike into where we saw quite a few those past trips this past Saturday and they are just gone.

What do you guys think, scared off by other hunters scouting or are they moving that much? I know the rams can be a little nomadic, but the ewes as well? We are heading back this weekend to see if maybe it was just a bad day, hope it was...

I wouldnt think that its other hunters. I've always had a hard time following the sheep this time of the year. We got some rain here a couple weeks ago and that always allow the sheep to scatter for a bit. But with these extremely hot days of late will put the sheep back close to the water.

I guess what I'm saying is don't freak out. They'll still be relatively close to water for another month or so.

On our way to work the other day we saw a group of 10 or so ewes with small rams too right along northshore at rattlesnake.

I too have the ewe tag....I got my ram in 268 in 2013, scouted for 47 days so I have a good handle on were to find sheep most of the time. there are lots of sheep in the unit, more than any other in the state. filling your ewe tag should not be a problem email me if want some areas to look for your ewe.

[email protected]

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom