270 145 gr eldx

Have you thought about 140 barnes tsx? They hit hard and have great weight retention. They make a 150 as well but recommend a faster twist.

I have not. I don’t do any handloading so I am looking for something available in factory loads, I don’t know of any for that bullet

I love my 270, but consider it an elk gun only out to about 250 yards. You can't argue with your success, but I just want a little more energy when my bullet hits at that range.

If you want something hand loaded but don't hand load yourself try Hendershot's in Hagerstown Maryland. For about $10 more a box then factor ammo you can get whatever combo you want. I get all my 270 Weatherby and 6.5x.284 Norma ammo from them. And since Federal doesn't get to load Barnes any longer I get the .300 WSM from them also. Just something to think about.

I love my 270, but consider it an elk gun only out to about 250 yards. You can't argue with your success, but I just want a little more energy when my bullet hits at that range.
Yeah I get the argument on the 270 but the eldx is supposed to still be pushing 1700 ft lbs at 400 yards compared to 900 ft lbs from the 150 grain corelokt. I have killed 20 elk with corelokt and only 1 with the eldx. Maybe the elk I shot with the eldx was just tough that day.

We killed a large cow elk this past year with a 270 and 150 gr Nos ABLR (similar to the 145 ELD-X) at 508 yds.

No issues.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom