270 or 243 in Utah

T

tuttut2001

I am looking for a 270 or 243 for my daughter to use. It is her first year hunting and I need something a bit less powerful than my 30-40 Krag. Anyone out there in the Utah area have one they are looking at selling??????
Reply back to me at [email protected]

My wife shoots a 7mm-08 and she is a small woman.

My buddies wife shoots a 7mm-08 also.

Its a great rifle for women to shoot and does not kick.

The gun has dropped moose, mulies, sheep, elk and one grizzly with one well placed shot.

i would go with a .270 i've shot one loved it, it doesn't have any kick either.

My vote 25-06 or 270 one day she might want to take elk moose or well coyotes. The 25 over the 243 carriers farther and it makes a fine long range coyote gun as well. where the 270 is fine but big for coyotes. Both work well on deer and elk moose is big for 25 but it works. Most moose are at close range and you can place your shot well. Long range on a windy day well no thanks to the 243. 243 works for deer and elk but it is light and the elk and moose deserve better. It is a cute gun however cute is what i look for in a woman.
Rut

My vote is for the 270, it just packs a little more punch in my opinion and like rutnbuck said the elk and moose deserve better than the 243, I have a friend that uses a 243 for deer and tried it with elk last year and he said that would be first and last year he would use his 243 for elk. Unfortunately(well for you) I love my 270 and wouldn't part with it for the world.

Jake

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom