.270 weatherby mag

W

woodzy

hello fellow hunters and shooters. I am considering purchasing a weatherby ultra lightweight in .270 weatherby mag.how do you all feel about this caliber for muley's,antelope,and goats.I few guy's from my local shooting club took this very gun to africa and fell in love w/it.I currently own a .300 win,.300 ultra mag,and .338 win all in rem 700's.so I need something new to blow my money and time on and this gun seems like the perfect choice.Any info at all would be great!!

Woodzy.... With the rifles you already have and the game you intend to hunt with this one why not look at the 257 Weatherby? I am a big Weatherby fan and have shot this caliber for the last 22yrs and love it. I feel it is the perfect caliber for those species you intend to hunt. Just my 2 cents. Can't go wrong with Weatherby.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin griz"

Sure it would be a great round for everything you mentioned...

I could never justify having a weatherby though personally. They really have nothing over the standard rounds. Esp the 7mm weatherby Vs 7mm rem mag. Whats a 100fps or even 200 fps? Within moderate ranges its a moot point. The only one I could see having a real advantage to owning would be the 257 for long range coozz deer or loops or a 378 for really big stuff. All the others are just repeats of catriges that cost a quarter as much to shoot and offer no real advantage. I haven't bought a weatherby rifle cause I don't care for the actions either. No thanks for that much money... A CRF for sure but not push feed...

I like the looks of the ultra light weight however...

>Woodzy.... With the rifles you already
>have and the game you
>intend to hunt with this
>one why not look at
>the 257 Weatherby? I am
>a big Weatherby fan and
>have shot this caliber for
>the last 22yrs and love
>it. I feel it is
>the perfect caliber for those
>species you intend to hunt.
>Just my 2 cents. Can't
>go wrong with Weatherby.
>
>
>Happy trails
>Ridge Runner
>"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin
>griz"

thanks for info.I will keep you posted on decision.still thinking about the ultra lightweight in .300win also even though i already own one I'm thinking about the weight.

I won an Ultralight Weatherby in .300wby Mag at a Safari Club Dinner. It is a great gun I topped it with a Swarovski 3x10.
I have shot everything from Columbian Blacktails to Kodiak Brown Bear with it!
I have shot the .270wby mag before and it has MUCH less recoil to it than the .300wby.
It would be my choice for a deer,antelope and sheep rifle.
The .300wby will do it all in North America though.