270 win 130 grain recommendation for elk

I've witnessed several animals deer/elk get wounded and never recovered from a .300 2 different lobbing sissy 30.06 and a 7mm all shooting core lokts I will take a hard pass on them!
I think you're blaming the bullet for some bad shooting. I shot core lokts in both my 270 and 30 06 for many years. I can recall loosing only one deer in over 60 years. I'm pretty sure it was a bad shot. I would guess that every bullet on the market today would do the job if it is put in the right place.

I think you're blaming the bullet for some bad shooting. I shot core lokts in both my 270 and 30 06 for many years. I can recall loosing only one deer in over 60 years. I'm pretty sure it was a bad shot. I would guess that every bullet on the market today would do the job if it is put in the right place.

Just so everyone knows I've never shot them!
It's other people that I watched that never recovered the animals shooting them.
I forgot to mention my nephew 2 years ago went to shoot a goat 4 straight bullets never fired out of a brand new box of core Lokts!
we handed him some federal's
For the same gun and the goat died so we know it wasn't the guns fault
Explain that one?

You’ll have no problem bringing down the largest of bulls with a 130 grain bullet from a .270. I’d use a Nosler partition or a Barnes TTSX. Get inside 400 yards and put the bullet where it counts. Then get ready to quarter and pack elk meat.

I personally like the 150 grain partition out of my .270’s but I shot a 5 point bull elk one year 375 yards across a big open park with a 130 grain partition. He didn’t make it 15 steps.

Accurate shots is what will make the difference. Good luck I hope to be hunting elk in Wyo in 2022 as well. I’ll be carrying a .270 or a 7 mag.

Just so everyone knows I've never shot them!
It's other people that I watched that never recovered the animals shooting them.
I forgot to mention my nephew 2 years ago went to shoot a goat 4 straight bullets never fired out of a brand new box of core Lokts!
we handed him some federal's
For the same gun and the goat died so we know it wasn't the guns fault
Explain that one?
Good thing you had two kinds of ammo on the goat mountain. mtmuley

A few more bulls out of the .270 with FEDERAL ammo!

Screenshot_20220312-182028_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220312-182218_Gallery.jpg

Mtmuley I have pictures of 18 goats killed with federal ammo if you would like to see them!

Pics don't mean much. I haven't used factory ammo to kill a big game animal in over 30 years. I killed a bunch as a poor kid with Core-Lokts. mtmuley
Good deal for you!
I'm glad I never grew up when junk core lokts where the only thing available!
This poor kid has killed alot of $hit that has filled a trophy room and a garage from factory ammo!
Only animal I've personally ever lost from a gun was from reloads!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom