270 win 130 grain

J

Jingow

Ilove the gun and the round, but is it to small for muleys. I drew a great cal. tag and I am looking for some input on the subject. Thanks Jim

I can't count the deer my dad has brought down with that combination(one shot one kill). He also dropped his canadian moose with it. I don't think you have a problem. My only concern is that it is a meat eating machine, a testimony to the shock that it delivers.

Yeah I shot a hog and the exit hole was enormous. This want a huge hog but it dropped like nothing. Another meat hog literally did broadside threee sixty degree flip with a neck shot. Every deer has been hammered down (black tail) not nore than a step. Very explosive bullet.

Great combo for mule deer. I would use a premium bullet and you should be in very good shape I used the 140 grain Hornady light magnum for my mule deer hunt last year and it also did the job nicely on a big buck. I chose it because my gun shoots 1/2" groups with it. If the new Hornady 130 grain interbond bullet had shot tight groups, I would have used it instead.

Unless you REALLY want a new gun, there is no reason to switch. Good luck on your trip.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I've shot a Rem 270 BDL in .270 since I was a teenager. 130 grn. for deer is perfect. Consider the Federal Trophy Bonded Bear claw in 130 grn. I shot a 250 pound 4x4 in Wyoming 2 years ago with that bullet. He was running at about 150 yards. I missed the first shot, connected just above his hind-quarter on the second shot(he was running directly away from me). The bullet busted the spine, followed through the torso, and busted the shoulder. And get this, about 90% of the bullet was in a perfect mushroom. Give it a try.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom