270X51???? 308 necked down to .277??

DBLung

I know about the 277(6.8) sig fury. Is there a regular old verson of a 270 X 51? I have a 7mm-08, I'm thinking of necking down to .277. Other than the high pressure sig fury I cant find anything. I don't want to buy the fury brass, because I don't plan to load it that hot.

Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to gain with the .007" smaller bullet diameter?

I know about the 277(6.8) sig fury. Is there a regular old verson of a 270 X 51? I have a 7mm-08, I'm thinking of necking down to .277. Other than the high pressure sig fury I cant find anything. I don't want to buy the fury brass, because I don't plan to load it that hot.
Sounds like a good idea. I always wondered why they don't come up with a cartridge by necking down a 308win to a 277? Maybe they have done it already? I really like the 270WIN and the 270 WSM.

Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to gain with the .007" smaller bullet diameter?
Not much, just something to try out. I'm converting my 270 into a 6.5RPM. I have a stack of .277 bullets I don't want to get rid of, along with plenty 7mm-08 brass. It's not a quest to find the perfect round. It may not be feasible, getting reamers is a pain if you need to have them custom made.

Not much, just something to try out. I'm converting my 270 into a 6.5RPM. I have a stack of .277 bullets I don't want to get rid of, along with plenty 7mm-08 brass. It's not a quest to find the perfect round. It may not be feasible, getting reamers is a pain if you need to have them custom made.
Dies too.....but...I think you should do it

Get a Redding type s die set in 7-08 and the appropriate bushing for the 27-08.

Check in the list at Pacific tool and Gauge. My bet is they can easily do a reamer for you and they might have one sitting there.

That one and the 25-08 are pretty common wildcats.

Zeke

Check in the list at Pacific tool and Gauge. My bet is they can easily do a reamer for you and they might have one sitting there.

Zeke
I haven’t read much on the 25-08 sounds interesting

Zeke
Thanks Zeke. Good Idea.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom