28 years is enough!

Forthewall

Long Time Member
O.K. let's try something political for a change :)

Actually this isn't political but more of an observation. There has been a Bush or a Clinton in the office of the president and vice president for 26 years, barring extraordinary events it will be 28 years.

Hillary is running in 2008 and "if" she won, I could only imagine that Jeb will run in 2012 or 2016. If he were to win and be a 2 termer that could extend out to 2024. Or 44 years of of leadership between 2 families.

Do you think it is in our best interest to have our leadership be divided between 2 families to represent a country of 300 million.

My answer: No

My reason: Too much division, I hope Hillary doesn't get the nomination. Just so our country can move away from the hardcore battlelines between Bush and Clinton supporters. I do think she would be as good as anyone else and I would like to see a women as president. But a house divided cannot stand. Now more than ever we need to regroup as Americans, and move past this oddity in american politics.

Hmmm! Really interesting post. How about the Kennedy's Roosevelt's etc. Kind of makes you wonder about the division of power doesn't it.

RUS

You're correct RUS, but WE'RE the idiots that
make that happen. We don't have to.

Sure hope we don't again.

Thats what you get when the majority of voters are too damn lazy to look up the merits of each candidate and vote for the one that has the best points to their way of thinking. They will not look up their voting record and only go by the campaign promises. Instead they have a tendency to vote "Party Ticket" to compersate for their laziness or lack of concern.
Another aspect, is the growing number of people on the handout gravey train that will only vote for a certain party because they feel that party will give them their free handout more so then the other party.

RELH

The biggest problem is that no moderate in either party will get nominated.

Chuck Hagel has more of a chance of getting nominated as a Democrat as he does of getting the Republican nomination.

Jim Webb would NEVER even sniff a nomination on the Demcratic side.

The vast majority of Americans are moderates, poll after poll has proven that, even in the Red/Blue States the majority are near the middle. Nobody can run in the middle though because the extreme wings of both parties call the shots.

Hillary is divisive, McCain is divisive, Edwards is divisive, Obama may be an interesting choice, I dislike his politics but I like his style and approach.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom