2B Late Archery

Elkhunter96

Very Active Member
I will be heading to the unit in early January for the hunt. Any advice or things to look out for? Road closures, etc...

The migration was slow but this year, I have a friend who lives right over the state line in Ignacio and he posts pics from the Colorado side and alot of the real big bucks are still there. There is alot of deer already in the 2s' I was there on the third rifle hunt and the deer had already started to move in.No road closures Im aware of...You should have a real fun hunt....Dress warm, take chains and a shovel if those roads get any moisture and then un freezes , those roads will soak you up...

Thanks, I checked yesterday to make sure the chains were in the truck and got a map out to do some studying. I actually haven't hunted this unit before, so I am going in blind on this one.

Its a big unit with roads every where , too many in my opinion.The north side of hwy 64 is the most popular, forest road 310 is a zoo, but they do kill alot of deer there , the majority of deer killed on these unit 2B hunts get shot from the 310...I killed my deer over by the lake, about 3 miles from Simms camp ground.Those are more "resident" deer, but in January it will have alot more deer.Its the area alot of people call the "Rosa"....The actually Rosa is further north and is my favorite place to hunt, the roads do get pounded but not like 310.It has big wide open sage flats and tables to glass and stalk.Same thing there tho on roads , they are everywhere and nasty if any moisture.There are big bucks to be hunted but they are not easy to find,thus them getting big, but it's a very fun hunt as there are deer literally everywhere and that keeps it fun....Hope this helps....

Thank you. Yes, it does, I appreciate it. I am a glass and stalk kind of hunter. I have been doing the map and internet research...Those two areas I do have marked on my map.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom