2B Youth Hunt help

U

Ut_live2hunt

I have 3 Kids that drew for the 2B youth hunt, Oct 18-22nd. I was interested if anybody could tell me about this hunt? We also have 2 general rifle deer tags for southern Utah during the same time and the opportunity to hunt with my brothers and brother-in-law here in Ut. I have also drawn a Beaver early rifle elk tag 9/13 and still have Idaho and Wyoming draws...so I am trying to balance these hunts with work and Family and may end up returning some of the deer tags either Utah or new Mexico.

Is their anyone out there who has hunted 2B early that can help me out with type of hunt, numbers of buck, size or maturity of bucks? This would help me make a better decision.

As you probably know 2b is a migration route.One day there could be nothing and the next a bunch of them.Bigger bucks seem to be the last to get there.Closer to the last rifle hunt.But usually on the youth hunt deer are already in the unit.Never know you could run into a big one.The attached photo is a buck my buddy got a few years ago took him to this unit for his first time lucky dog

Scan2_1_0004_004.jpg

Scan1_1_0002_002.jpg

Nice huntin rig! I'd love to have one of those with gas at $4.50 a gallon. My wife would kill me if I put a deer head on the trunk of her Toyota! Nice buck, by the way!

Don P.

The weather is the key. If the Colorado side get bombed with snow before your hunt, then you're holding a very coveted tag. If not, it's still above average.

Yes there are deer that migrate into 2b, BUT there are a bunch of resident deer, including some toads!

Check your PM messages... since it's for youth I will share some honey holes with you...

"WIndage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom