2nd Best Elk Tag????

Well I saw the proposed seasons on NDOW's website and they didnt have the early rifle hunt in 161-164. I think NDOW two years ago wanted to get rid of it but they didnt so I guess we'll see what happens. I think all areas in the state will produce a good bull it just depends on how well you know the area. I like 111-115 221, 222 but thats because thats the only area I've hunted elk in.

111 archery. or the one you can't get a tag for 062.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Calielkslayer, NDOW is proposing to open a few more areas for NR's and 062 is one of them plus 104,108,121 for rifle and for muzzleloader and archery they are giving a tag out for 072/074. I know a guy that killed a nice bull in 062 during the archery hunt.

Nevada's my favorite state. Only have 6 NR points for elk and great chances to draw elk tags in other states BUT I can't bring myself to apply for PP only and in Nevada you are always dangerous. Figured I'd apply for only one choice this year and it would be a great tag if I drew.

Unusual for me but my WY elk choice is Nov 1-31 and Ut is Nov 7-13. Really think my Dad will draw a late hunt in Utah with 9 NR points. So since most Nevada rifle hunts will conflict with these dates, I figured the best or nothing.

Kali is giving us 2 Furlough days a month which I can save so time won't be an issue.

Thanks for the info.

some Good Advice on 2nd BEST hunt units,(231,111-)now the 2nd best hunt is the "Smokepole Elk Hunts".Most years the BULLS are still "Bugling" the 1st few days,Thats Enough Time,to bag & tag and hunt dates are around Oct. 20 ??? Good Luck with Your April application picks. www.silvergrandoutfitters.com

Thanks AZ. I know Nevada's archery is too early and their muzzy is almost too late. But I believe in the second estrus cycle and always hear bugles in mid/late Oct if there are elk around.

Good advice.

you have a point BUT it does keep more bulls alive.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

111-115,221-222 is okay, there are a couple of good bulls left but the scores are falling, I have seen 4 bulls over 350 class on the winter range so far, not like it use to be there are a few right around the 300 class.
231 is a good unit just hard to hunt real think rolling hills, just can't see into them to spot. I would say there is bigger bulls in this area just thick cover, would recomend the archery hunt, just because the last few days of the hunt is usually in the rut.
121 has very liitle hunting pressure on elk so that is a plus in my book, there was a very nice bull killed in muzzy in the unit this year 380+ just need to scout it out.

with your bonus points anything can happen in this state I know of 3 non-res that drew 111-115 rifle with less points than you have!!! So you never know!!

I tagged a cow last year and well let me just say this. If there is a better state or area that 111 I don't know where it would be. I was surrounded by 6x6 bulls all day long and while many were good one was unbelievably great. I am a native Nevadan so I may be biased.

Las Vegas, You should be proud, not biased. Nevada has some of the best managed wildlife in the West. I'm jealous cause i live in Calif. BUT I heard your new Director came from Kali. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom