2nd hunt

Thomas11

I have a muzzy elk tag for UT this fall. I'm kinda kicking around the idea of doing a second hunt after this one if I were to finish up early. So my question is what if any hunts could I do last week of sept or first week of oct? I don't care if it's elk or deer! Doesn't have to be UT either but somewhere fairly close -CO, ID,AZ or WY or maybe NE. I can't seem to think of much but wanted to hear any thoughts! Thanks

>I would think Idaho or Colorado
>are going to be your
>best bet as far as
>OTC elk opportunities. Both will
>have OTC tags available after
>your muzzy here ends.
>
>www.utahscoutingservices.com

Yea I know but the dates are too far out from when my hunt ends is the issue

Idaho has many Archery elk and deer seasons that end the 30th of September. You can buy these the day before you hunt. If you are looking for rifle you could look at the Middle fork zone. It is the Frank Church Wilderness area. There are 98 tags left on the B tag quota right now. You will need to buy that tag before the quota runs out. If you decide on archery take a look at the general elk hunting. Most of the A tags have archery seasons attached to them. Some have quotas also. The best part of these is that you can wait and see how your hunt goes, then head to Idaho and pickup your tag or tags and go hunting.

DZ

>Idaho has many Archery elk and
>deer seasons that end the
>30th of September. You can
>buy these the day before
>you hunt. If you
>are looking for rifle you
>could look at the Middle
>fork zone. It is
>the Frank Church Wilderness area.
> There are 98 tags
>left on the B tag
>quota right now. You
>will need to buy that
>tag before the quota runs
>out. If you decide
>on archery take a look
>at the general elk hunting.
> Most of the A
>tags have archery seasons attached
>to them. Some have
>quotas also. The best
>part of these is that
>you can wait and see
>how your hunt goes, then
>head to Idaho and pickup
>your tag or tags and
>go hunting.
>
>DZ
Hey thanks! I've not done much research on ID but I'll look into it

NM landowner tags are for sale.
Check here MM and craigslist.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

CO otc archery elk

WY leftover antelope if they didn't all draw out

Idaho as mentioned above

I know it's not on your list but MT general elk wouldn't be bad but I think they sold out in the last few days.

>CO OTC elk. Always a good
>time.

Yea this is what I really want to do. I have a spot too I wanna try but the issue is I need it to be after my UT hunt bit before or I'll have to cut a week off my UT hunt potentially and I really don't want to risk that. So I'd rather go hunt UT fir two weeks and if I kill early than I could do something else. But nothing is really open at the beginning of Oct. that I see. Oh well I'll be happy I guess just killing one bull! Ha!

>CO OTC elk. Always a good
>time.

Yea this is what I really want to do. I have a spot too I wanna try but the issue is I need it to be after my UT hunt not before or I'll have to cut a week off my UT hunt potentially and I really don't want to risk that. So I'd rather go hunt UT fir two weeks and if I kill early than I could do something else. But nothing is really open at the beginning of Oct. that I see. Oh well I'll be happy I guess just killing one bull! Ha!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom