2nd time in X9C

buckfever39796

Drew the X9C tag this year with a group of 5. Hunted this area 3 years back with an A tag. Saw lots of sign but never got a shot off. Excited to see this beautiful country again.This weekend is the first scouting trip!! Let you know what we see Monday!

Tough unit to hunt. I spent 12 days in there last year and saw very little, although most of that time was in the Inyos. Good luck.

I agree, when I was there in 2016 I glassed a lot. Banking on a few scouting trips that should help. A monster buck was shot the same year (rifle) 70 yards off the road so you never know...

Was it opening weekend? Given the limited road access and level of traffic (most of it non-hunters), I'd imagine that the deer are going to be long gone from any road after a few days.

I'll send you a pm.

I have a friend that drew this tag years ago. Wasn't doing well. Went to the local bar. Don't remember the name of the town. Got to talking to a couple cowboy guys. They steered him to an area they had gathered recently, and said they'd seen three nice bucks. Hiked there, and killed a toad. PC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom