3 for 3 in CO

TerynItUp

Had a great time in Colorado with my old man and big bro. We set up camp the weekend before the hunt and saw quite a bit of deer movement so we’re pretty excited coming into the hunt. Opening day was fantastic and we saw a total of 18 different bucks, Dad shot the biggest one we found at last light.
774F7BEC-C50E-49B6-A7B0-A260B34E9F69.jpeg
D15E8906-7DA7-4485-829C-CC32B6C37B5C.jpeg

Third morning found us trying to warm up a bit at 9:00 and enjoying a Payday when I caught this buck sneaking through the PJ’s. He tried giving us the slip through an arroyo bottom but when he crossed over to the other side he paused a little too long at 270 yds and I squeezed one off.
97E6C2AB-9654-4D5A-99E1-DBC4BAB070DE.jpeg
3523DEC8-4C42-454C-AEAE-432582F9501E.jpeg

Day 5 was interesting, my dad and brother set up on the edge of a clearing the deer like to feed into each evening and I just got to watch from a half mile away to keep the scent and movement down. Several does and a super heavy buck fed out into the field but I could tell they couldn’t see him from their angle. That buck decided to bed down and out walked another, they saw this one. The first buck stood up again and I was hoping they would see him but at the sound of the shot the 2nd smaller bucks fell dead, still a great buck.
8CA908B0-9C41-47EB-A397-97DCC4D0C07D.jpeg
8931E9E3-8403-4FE9-B6F1-CABC90F04208.jpeg

Hell of a week, one of the best I can recall….
A8942C03-DFC1-44D3-8F23-404D00FAABBA.jpeg

Nice work congratulations you guys did better then I did in third season Colorado hunting.

Had a great time in Colorado with my old man and big bro. We set up camp the weekend before the hunt and saw quite a bit of deer movement so we’re pretty excited coming into the hunt. Opening day was fantastic and we saw a total of 18 different bucks, Dad shot the biggest one we found at last light. View attachment 60208View attachment 60209
Third morning found us trying to warm up a bit at 9:00 and enjoying a Payday when I caught this buck sneaking through the PJ’s. He tried giving us the slip through an arroyo bottom but when he crossed over to the other side he paused a little too long at 270 yds and I squeezed one off. View attachment 60210View attachment 60211
Day 5 was interesting, my dad and brother set up on the edge of a clearing the deer like to feed into each evening and I just got to watch from a half mile away to keep the scent and movement down. Several does and a super heavy buck fed out into the field but I could tell they couldn’t see him from their angle. That buck decided to bed down and out walked another, they saw this one. The first buck stood up again and I was hoping they would see him but at the sound of the shot the 2nd smaller bucks fell dead, still a great buck. View attachment 60212View attachment 60213
Hell of a week, one of the best I can recall….View attachment 60214
I love that far right one!!

WOW!!! What a fantastic hunt you all had. Congrats on great bucks!! Looks like CO is still the best State overall for Mule Deer!

Way to Go Teryn! Those are some great bucks and 3 for 3! You figured it out very well! Continued future success!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom