300 grain Berger hunter vld

Butts

Any fellas shooting this bullet with their .338’s and having trouble with expansion at 400,500,600 + yardages?
I had an edge shooting the 285 eld-x and it always done well.
My buddy shooting the 300 gr Berger’s out of the lapua has definitely had big problems with pencil holeing deer and elk sized game.
Just wondering if others have noticed an issue with the Berger’s … which doesn’t make any sense to me, but I am trying to wrap my head around it.

No comment or advice I had a issue with my copper bullets this year as they didn't expand and wend in 1/4" and came out 1/4" so just wondering that's all

I was told that the bullets with the colored tip are the ones that are doing this but I had the ones with no tip which were supposed to be the best ones to use. No expansion if I hadn't hit bone I think he would have ran further than I would have wanted him to.

I’d recommend he pin drill the tips if he isn’t already but it’s not absolutely necessary. I drill them all now. Berger’s have been a great bullet for me and my group of family and friends.

Wreck a freezer load of meat too. Haven't used them in years, won't go back. mtmuley

To each their own. I would rather have a small percentage of meat loss, than a wounded animal going over the ridge.. JMO

Perfect world neither..

Yeah. Other bullets just wound stuff. mtmuley
What’s the perfect combo? Mtmuley? Velocity? Caliber? Bullet weight? Barrel length? Twist?

Jesus you act like your the send all, god all to every round fired down range? Is there a medium space?

Sounds like you’re talking about personal experiences that shook your hand well.

Your last post adds inherent ignorance to what’s possible.

PM
Me if you want to talk about the 190. Otherwise keep it to the thread.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom