300 H.P. GAS & 20+ M.P.G.???

B

bobcatbess

I SEE GENERAL MOTORS ADVERTISING A NEW PICK-UP WITH A GAS ENGINE & 300 PONIES & 20+ M.P.G.???

JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS ONE YET???

DOES IT GET 20+ M.P.G.???

AND I'M ASKING IF YOU'VE FIGURED THE EXACT FUEL MILEAGE WITH A CALCULATOR???

NOT JUST READING THE COMPUTER READ OUT THATS BUILT INTO THE PICK-UP???

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE FUEL MILEAGE WHEN YOU PUT A 10,000 LB TRAILER BEHIND IT???

SOUNDS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE FOR A GAS ENGINE!!!

I'M NOT MUCH OF A CHEVY FAN BUT YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THEY'VE BROUGHT THEIR NEW PICK-UPS INTO CONSIDERATION!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

I get 19.5 mpg in my '05 GMC with the 5.3 liter, thats freeway of course over flat ground (wyoming pronghorn trip). Trailer pulling eats into it... but trailers on steep grades really drinks the fuel. That engine revs past 5700! I'd love to see what they can do with the engines next.

-DallanC

Bobcat! You're never going to get 20+ miles per gallon with a 300 hp going 90 miles per hour. Quit dreaming! LOL!

Eel

I get 20-21 mpg with my 68 mustang and the 302 has 330 ponies under the hood. beefed up C-4 tranny and 4100 4 barrel carb. but I have a highway 3.0 geared rearend. I am willing to bet that pickup is high geared with overdrive also. great for going down the road empty, but lacking in power for pulling a RV trailer.
Heck my Ford gets 19 mpg running empty on the flat, but it also has enought power that I can accelerate up a 6% grade while pulling my 25 ft. RV.
I get 14 mpg on the flat pulling the trailer, and I am not doing any 55 mph.
OK, it is a 7.3 diesel with some goodies under the hood and 3.5 inch exhaust system. I also have a range of over 1,000 miles between fillups. second tank added , but I do cry when I have to fill up 74 gal. at 3 bucks a gal.

RELH

WELL!!!

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SIZE OF ENGINE IT IS???

THEY DON'T MENTION THE SIZE IN THE COMMERCIAL!!!

I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IT GETS WITH A 10,000 LB LOAD BEHIND IT???

MOST GAS ENGINES FALL ON THEIR FACES & THE MILEAGE SUCKS!!!

IT SOUNDS IMPRESSIVE!!!

JUST WONDERING IF ITS TRUE & HOW MUCH TORQUE IT PRODUCES???

I LIKE ENGINES WITH LOTS OF TORQUE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Bessy,

Go to: www.gmc.com and then click on the Sierra 1500 and look for the link to Engine choices. The new 5.3 comes with three different motors, a steel block, a multi-fuel and a Aluminum Block and all three are rated at 315 H.P.
One of my hunting buddies bought a 2007 Model back in Nov. and it is a Crew Cab and has all of the bells and whisles. Said it is the best one he has ever had so far. It was the first 4x4 the dealer had gotten then, big volumn dealership here.

How about a remote start from inside your home or office so when you get out there to get in, the truck seat is warm, the radio is playing your favorite sounds and windows de-frosted??

Brian

THANKS kilo!!!

LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE STILL A LITTLE SHORT ON TORQUE!!!

AFTER YOU'VE PULLED TRAILERS WITH 650-750 FT. LBS. OF TORQUE IT JUST DON'T SEEM RIGHT TRYING TO PULL WITH A GAS ENGINE!!!

LOOKS LIKE THEY'D BE A NICE RUN AROUND VEHICLE THOUGH!!!

I WONDER WHEN THEY'LL HAVE ONE OUT THAT PREPS THE RED-HEAD FOR JACKMASTER???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

I work at a GMC dealership and I drive one(of course). My recent trip to Utah from Phoenix averaged me 19.67 mpg in my 5.3L. That was calculated using odometer, gas pump and calculator. I must say, the new trucks are amazing in all aspects. They have to be with the new fuel regulations.

Bess-they've got a motor that works like the new hemi...runs on 4 cylinders under light throttle load. the hemi's only get 20+mpg in the cars like the 300 or the charger. as soon as any load is put on it, back to running on 8 cylinders. thats probably how the chev motor works too.
http://www.chevrolet.com/activemanagement/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom