300" mega mexico muley

Status
Not open for further replies.

money

What a beautiful deer and absolute giant! Mexico has pumped out some giants this year. The post said it is easily over 300"

IMG_3980.jpg

WL doesn't use blindfolds anymore.? Oh wait, I get it. The deer's head is tilted down because the buck has no eyes.

Reactions: SS!
Anytime the WLH stamp shows up there will always be "bashing". Mainly due to who and what WLH are about.
I like how you cast blame on WLH for other's childish behavior. Typical. No one is responsible for their own actions anymore.

I’m not bashing any guide or anyone. I know people that kill big elk on farms and they are always honest about it. Never will they post a pic and let the viewer think it’s a wild animal. That would be nice, just some honesty. We all know we’re free and can do whatever the fuk we want. Honesty should be a part of it. I wouldn’t post a pic of me standing by a Helicopter like new pilots do, and let people think I’m a Helicopter pilot.

I’m not bashing any guide or anyone. I know people that kill big elk on farms and they are always honest about it. Never will they post a pic and let the viewer think it’s a wild animal. That would be nice, just some honesty. We all know we’re free and can do whatever the fuk we want. Honesty should be a part of it. I wouldn’t post a pic of me standing by a Helicopter like new pilots do, and let people think I’m a Helicopter pilot.
Agreed 100%.

I don’t care if it’s a 400”er, pen raised is weak. I’d rather shoot a 150”er, actually I’d rather shoot a spike straight up then a pen raised critter of any size. I’ve “guided” pen raised critters. Nothing about it is sporting, accomplishing, or fun, nothing. That said different strokes for different folks, this is my opinion only.

Nothing here says it is a pen raised deer. Just says it isn't free range. There is a difference. It may be pen raised. I don't know. Just strange to watch people jump to unknown conclusions and pass their judgement from there.

There's a difference. Pen raised deer are raised in confined areas, bottle fed at birth, vaccinated, etc.

There are plenty of high fence ranches that are bigger than any area you hunt with no cross fences and the deer are born on their own raised in the wilds dodging coyotes, lions and hunters. They ain't free range but they ain't pen deer.

There's a difference. Pen raised deer are raised in confined areas, bottle fed at birth, vaccinated, etc.

There are plenty of high fence ranches that are bigger than any area you hunt with no cross fences and the deer are born on their own raised in the wilds dodging coyotes, lions and hunters. They ain't free range but they ain't pen deer.
Say what? :ROFLMAO:

If he is pen raised or raised in a very large enclosed fence, all I want to know is what is his main frame, gross and net. That's it. Gotta be in the 230s gross?

Is that supposed to prove the deer in question is pen raised? Def not the same deer and the ranch listed on the kill photo is not the same as the one you posted so....????

I realize when someone posts a deer like that it is hard to believe it is not pen raised but I need proof before I agree it is not hunting.
Here you go, its not a free range deer.
Screenshot_20210130-205617_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210130-210054_Samsung Internet.jpg

That said its still a bad ass specimen, could you imagine finding that guy in the wild.

As others have said, different strokes for different folks. Just leave it at that, they are not trying to claim it's a wild free range deer so why bash it at all. It is what it is, if you have issues with this do you also have issues with cattle ranching? Or any other form of rancher that raises animals? If no then stop with the b.s.

Here you go, its not a free range deer.View attachment 23807
View attachment 23808
That said its still a bad ass specimen, could you imagine finding that guy in the wild.

As others have said, different strokes for different folks. Just leave it at that, they are not trying to claim it's a wild free range deer so why bash it at all. It is what it is, if you have issues with this do you also have issues with cattle ranching? Or any other form of rancher that raises animals? If no then stop with the b.s.
Come on jake ranchers are not posting pics with their dead animals. WLH is being coy regarding that this buck was feed steroids and lived behind a high fence. Say it in the post so it out there. Weak sauce on WLH’s part, like usual. Remember the mask buck they claimed from Mexico was the WR typical a few years back? They tried to play it off as fair chase too. And of course it wasn’t even the WR for high fence. They are just attention seeking whores @ WLH...

Funny how the threads always turn out. Usual complaints.

Wow what an animal!

Farm animal?

Outfitter bashing

Rich person bashing

I’d rather have killed a ......
lol or you get low lifes hijacking a thread , when simply trying to sell something on here this forum has kind of left a sour taste in my mouth, and the mods just sat there doing nothing

• Love
Come on jake ranchers are not posting pics with their dead animals. WLH is being coy regarding that this buck was feed steroids and lived behind a high fence. Say it in the post so it out there. Weak sauce on WLH’s part, like usual. Remember the mask buck they claimed from Mexico was the WR typical a few years back? They tried to play it off as fair chase too. And of course it wasn’t even the WR for high fence. They are just attention seeking whores @ WLH...
If people wanted there pictures taken with cows they sure as hell would, people do it with buffalo all the time and I've never herd anyone complain about that. fact of the matter is if people will pay for it someone will offer it. Not saying they aren't being a little coy about it but they haven't hid it either. Maybe they learned there lesson form the big typical buck.

I don't really care about the buck but I have to ask....
WTF is an estate world record? Wouldn't it just be an estate record? Or do all of the "estates" of the world have a record book? Meh, whatever pads the stats I suppose.

Now it was "feed steroids ". :unsure: Any other details you're in the know of that you want to share? Just keep making up whatever details you want i guess. Maybe they used space alien technology. Maybe they used the jurassic park lab to clone mega antlers from mosquito fossils. Nobody can check their hate at the door and just look at things objectively anymore.

WTF is an estate world record? Wouldn't it just be an estate record? Or do all of the "estates" of the world have a record book? Meh, whatever pads the stats I suppose.
I figured it had something to do with the SCI record system, I think they keep two separate categories for wild and not free range animals but honestly I don't know much about the SCI system.

SCI.

Now it was "feed steroids ". :unsure: Any other details you're in the know of that you want to share? Just keep making up whatever details you want i guess. Maybe they used space alien technology. Maybe they used the jurassic park lab to clone mega antlers from mosquito fossils. Nobody can check their hate at the door and just look at things objectively anymore.
Prove me wrong. <insert crickets chirping>

Prove me wrong. <insert crickets chirping>
Normally when people use logic they have to prove their accusations.

But since you feel logic holds no relevance to whatever you feel like making up I'll play your game.

People who breed and raise deer for antler development don't "feed steroids " to them.

Normally when people use logic they have to prove their accusations.

But since you feel logic holds no relevance to whatever you feel like making up I'll play your game.

People who breed and raise deer for antler development don't "feed steroids " to them.
Prove it. Prove that buck wasn’t fed supplements. Prove it. Put up or shut up.

More times than not critters that are pen raised are fed some serious “supplements” plain and simple. If those raising these critters aren’t supplementing they are behind the eight ball, plain and simple.
Agreed. Waiting for tristate to prove this buck wasn’t given supplements is like finding the chemical weapons bush told us was in Iraq....

Ain’t going to happen...

Supplements ain't steroids so don't change your story now.

If you are against supplements you better quit almost all hunting. Most free range deer consume some form of supplement.

B&C doesn't have anything against supplements. The UDWR doesn't have anything against supplements.

Apparently the only people who have something against supplements are the people who can't tell the difference between them and steroids while getting irrationally angry on an internet forum.

Supplements ain't steroids so don't change your story now.

If you are against supplements you better quit almost all hunting. Most free range deer consume some form of supplement.

B&C doesn't have anything against supplements. The UDWR doesn't have anything against supplements.

Apparently the only people who have something against supplements are the people who can't tell the difference between them and steroids while getting irrationally angry on an internet forum.
Hahahahaha I knew it. You can’t prove it. Hahahahahaha.

you’re reaching far even for you tristate.

Slightly sober, you aren't making sense anymore.

Prove you haven't killed a deer that hasn't eaten any supplements. Prove it.

I already proved you don't even know what a supplement or a steroid is using your words.

The way I see it, that's a hell of a buck . but why kill him just toss him an apple. let him keep growing and shedding bone he's worth more alive than dead to me.

It seems he's a farmed animal killed inside a high fence. if that's the case this doesn't belong on a hunting forum it should be in a zoo forum.

Slightly sober, you aren't making sense anymore.

Prove you haven't killed a deer that hasn't eaten any supplements. Prove it.

I already proved you don't even know what a supplement or a steroid is using your words.
I never killed a deer that was a provided supplements by humans. Not even close. Not even a piece of alfalfa in a field. Sorry. To compare feeding supplements like they do on high fence operations/Texas style hunting to anything out west is laughable....at best.

You’re trying to play devils advocate...poorly. Just admit that buck is high fence, fed supplements and the hardest part of that hunt was deciding where the put the WLH logo on the pic.

I never killed a deer that was a provided supplements by humans. Not even close. Not even a piece of alfalfa in a field. Sorry. To compare feeding supplements like they do on high fence operations/Texas style hunting to anything out west is laughable....at best.

You’re trying to play devils advocate...poorly. Just admit that buck is high fence, fed supplements and the hardest part of that hunt was deciding where the put the WLH logo on the pic.
Just because you say so doesn't prove it. You've killed deer that ate supplements. We all have. Welcome to the reality club.

I'm not playing devils advocate. I'm telling you how it is. How it is, is you don't know sheet about this deer except that it was a high fence deer. You don't know if it was 20 acres high fence or 200,000 acres high fence. You don't know what he consumed. You don't know if he was a smart deer that hides or a dumb one that runs towards a truck when he sees it. You don't even know what steroids are. But none of that matters when you hate someone or something.

Just because you say so doesn't prove it. You've killed deer that ate supplements. We all have. Welcome to the reality club.

I'm not playing devils advocate. I'm telling you how it is. How it is, is you don't know sheet about this deer except that it was a high fence deer. You don't know if it was 20 acres high fence or 200,000 acres high fence. You don't know what he consumed. You don't know if he was a smart deer that hides or a dumb one that runs towards a truck when he sees it. You don't even know what steroids are. But none of that matters when you hate someone or something.
I’m glad you’re admitting it’s high fenced and fed supplements. The hunting community is small. It took less than 5 mins to find the skinny on this buck from people who used to be members here and guide in Mexico. I know how many acres the buck was in, do you? Maybe I’ll post up some screenshots from a text conversation. No hate on this end I could care less. It’s just fun reading your BS.

I’m glad you’re admitting it’s high fenced and fed supplements. The hunting community is small. It took less than 5 mins to find the skinny on this buck from people who used to be members here and guide in Mexico. I know how many acres the buck was in, do you? Maybe I’ll post up some screenshots from a text conversation. No hate on this end I could care less. It’s just fun reading your BS.
Post em up. Facts first.

Post em up. Facts first.
Let’s see tristate admit this wasn’t a fair chase hunt. We got him to admit it’s high fence and the deer was drugged. Let’s hear him say it wasn’t fair chase.

Think of all the suckers who see the kill photo of this buck shared by the shooter. They are going to think he’s a hunter ???

They're not hiding anything. It reads "Estate World Record". That tells you it was high fenced. One of the men pictured owns a ranch down there that is half high fenced and half low fenced. High fenced for his sheep since his ranch is located in an area that has a lot of predators. The ranch mentioned is not his ranch but more than likely a friend of his. I've hunted with WLH in Mexico a few times and have never been asked if I wanted to hunt on a high fenced ranch nor have I seen one while out hunting. I was there when a hunter killed a free range 265" pig of a buck on a ranch I hunted two day's prior to him killing it on a low fenced ranch. I'm not a high fence hunter nor do I care to be. But if you have that kind of money and want a mule deer over 300" it would be your only opportunity to kill one that big. To each his own. Congrats to WLH and the hunter.

They're not hiding anything. It reads "Estate World Record". That tells you it was high fenced. One of the men pictured owns a ranch down there that is half high fenced and half low fenced. High fenced for his sheep since his ranch is located in an area that has a lot of predators. The ranch mentioned is not his ranch but more than likely a friend of his. I've hunted with WLH in Mexico a few times and have never been asked if I wanted to hunt on a high fenced ranch nor have I seen one while out hunting. I was there when a hunter killed a free range 265" pig of a buck on a ranch I hunted two day's prior to him killing it on a low fenced ranch. I'm not a high fence hunter nor do I care to be. But if you have that kind of money and want a mule deer over 300" it would be your only opportunity to kill one that big. To each his own. Congrats to WLH and the hunter.
Ummmm spoiler alert they raise them on high fence and some of them they release on the low fence.

Ummmm spoiler alert they raise them on high fence and some of them they release on the low fence.
It doesn't work that way. Just like your stupid steroid idea. Now you are totally pulling one out of your butt.

As to what you got me to "admit" you are pulling stuff out your butt. I never argued that the deer wasn't a high fence deer. I just argued the deer wasn't "feed steroids" like you stated. When you realized how stupid that statement was you turned it into an argument over supplements. Then I taught you about supplements and now you want to debate "fair" chase. Everytime you type you are just spitting crap you don't know anything about.

“Congrats to WLH and the hunter.“

What hunter? Now that we have verified this was a high fence, farm raised animal, there was no hunting involved. There was shooting

I will defend the persons right to shoot a tame animal that was feed protein from a trough, just like I will defend the right to kill and eat a cow, but that doesn’t make it hunting.

And since this is a hunting forum.....

It doesn't work that way. Just like your stupid steroid idea. Now you are totally pulling one out of your butt.

As to what you got me to "admit" you are pulling stuff out your butt. I never argued that the deer wasn't a high fence deer. I just argued the deer wasn't "feed steroids" like you stated. When you realized how stupid that statement was you turned it into an argument over supplements. Then I taught you about supplements and now you want to debate "fair" chase. Everytime you type you are just spitting crap you don't know anything about.
Hahahahaa what kind of supplements do they put in that Texas water to turn your head to mush? Like all things Texas picking on you isn’t fair chase. ?????

“Congrats to WLH and the hunter.“

What hunter? Now that we have verified this was a high fence, farm raised animal, there was no hunting involved. There was shooting

I will defend the persons right to shoot a tame animal that was feed protein from a trough, just like I will defend the right to kill and eat a cow, but that doesn’t make it hunting.

And since this is a hunting forum.....
You haven't verified it is a farm raised animal. You have only verified it was a high fence.

I “hunted” New Zealand a few years ago. Everything is high fenced. The ranch we were on was large but still high fenced. Every animal had a price based on score. Ranch had stags that scored over 600”.the few free ranging stags on public won’t hit 300”.
Sad but true Mexico is headed down that road.
I’ve been there, done that and trust me it’s not “hunting”

Alfalfa, mineral blocks, cake feed, apples, wheat, etc. Do you ever hunt mule deer where there are cattle?

You still haven’t proved a deer has ingested supplements, you listed a few that could be found. You can’t prove there’s mineral blocks or even cattle where some of us hunt. The ranchers have cut way back where I’m from and some pastures are empty of cattle because there’s no water. Alfalfa, no. Cake feed, no. Apples, no. Wheat, no. Mineral blocks? Probably, but how do you prove they are out there? Or that they ingested them?

By "closed mind" do you mean I don't spout made up gossip on the internet like deer that take steroids??????
Supplements and steroids are interchangeable in regards to antler growth. You’re reaching really far there. But I get it. It’s all you got. I’m sure you call channel locks “adjustable slide wrench”. Good grief. Oh boy what do you call a crescent wrench if it’s not that brand? ???

You still haven’t proved a deer has ingested supplements, you listed a few that could be found. You can’t prove there’s mineral blocks or even cattle where some of us hunt. The ranchers have cut way back where I’m from and some pastures are empty of cattle because there’s no water. Alfalfa, no. Cake feed, no. Apples, no. Wheat, no. Mineral blocks? Probably, but how do you prove they are out there? Or that they ingested them?
Captain coues, have you hunted mule deer within 2 miles of any cattle or agriculture?

Captain coues, have you hunted mule deer within 2 miles of any cattle or agriculture?

Yes, and I’ve also been close to the National Parks. The Parks don’t give deer supplements, they can live or die. So how do you prove it’s ingested supplements?
Just because you say so doesn’t prove it. You don’t know what he consumed.

Just because you say so doesn't prove it

You don't know what he consumed.

of course those baseball players didn’t take steroids. They took supplements.

Of course those deer were not given steroids they were given supplements.

??????

As a taxidermist you sure know everything. Argue this:

View attachment 23824
So now you think deer are fed workout supplements?????? ?????

By the way those still aren't steroids just because a stupid workout web post calls them that. ???? you got flim flammed.

This is great info for all the mule deer interested in pumping iron down at the gym with you. ????

Yes, and I’ve also been close to the National Parks. The Parks don’t give deer supplements, they can live or die. So how do you prove it’s ingested supplements?
Just because you say so doesn’t prove it. You don’t know what he consumed.
Then the answer is yes. You and me and every other deer hunter on here have killed deer that have ingested supplements. Don't get defensive about it. Its just how it is.

Mule deer that migrate take advantage of supplements in their route. Resident mule deer learn quickly where they can get groceries that are easier than their normal feed. Deer aren't dumb and they aren't lazy. I've watched deer that traveled a couple of miles almost every day to take advantage of some extra nutrition. Its completely normal behavior for them.

Hell of a buck, but..... Definitely NOT hunting. My greatest concern about this is the perception the non hunting public gets. Majority of people live in cities and never understand why we hunt. Then they see people bragging about shooting animals like this. They come to the quick conclusion that all hunters are shooting tame animals for sport/bragging rights. This stuff is eroding hunting.
Bill

Then the answer is yes. You and me and every other deer hunter on here have killed deer that have ingested supplements. Don't get defensive about it. Its just how it is.

Mule deer that migrate take advantage of supplements in their route. Resident mule deer learn quickly where they can get groceries that are easier than their normal feed. Deer aren't dumb and they aren't lazy. I've watched deer that traveled a couple of miles almost every day to take advantage of some extra nutrition. Its completely normal behavior for them.

I’m not getting defensive. I’m calm, actually enjoying the back and forth. You are the one that asks for proof, and you can’t prove anything about the 4 Deer I’ve killed. Where they were killed, weather or not any active cattle or agricultural operations were miles away, what they ingested or anything. You just assumed there’s supplements everywhere there’s deer. Just because you say so doesn’t prove it.

I’m beginning to think tristate needs to use a respirator when he airbrushes his mounts

Last edited:
I’m not getting defensive. I’m calm, actually enjoying the back and forth. You are the one that asks for proof, and you can’t prove anything about the 4 Deer I’ve killed. Where they were killed, weather or not any active cattle or agricultural operations were miles away, what they ingested or anything. You just assumed there’s supplements everywhere there’s deer. Just because you say so doesn’t prove it.
Actually Coues, thats why I asked you. And you answered "yes" which is what I already knew. But I gave you a chance to talk for yourself.

I'm telling you as a wildlife biologist and someone that has hunted muledeer in 4 different western states for 30 years that you hunt deer that eat supplements. There pretty much isn't any way around it. If you want to live in denial so be it. They aren't shooting up at the gym with slightly sober but they are taking advantage of supplements. Just how it is.

Can you prove it? That’s what this is about. How do you know I don’t have a scientific background? Remember when writing papers how they tell you to use caution with the words always and never?

Can you prove it? That’s what this is about. How do you know I don’t have a scientific background? Remember when writing papers how they tell you to use caution with the words always and never?
I didn't say always or never.?

I already proved my point when you said " yes".

I notice you want proof of the obvious from me but when the rest of these yahoos start talking about "steroids" you keep quiet. You just want proof when your ego is threatened with the fact that the American west is settled and all of our deer live with and feed off of our civilization. Its just reality. Are there a handful of deer out there that live a life without supplements? Probably. But they would be a tiny minority of the deer in the US. If you have hunted deer and been successful you more than likely killed a deer that was supplemented.

I'll flip the coin for you Coues. Have you NEVER killed a supplemented deer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom