300 RUM 150 gr. Scirocco Question

M

Morty_Pass

A good buddy of mine sold his 300 RUM a couple weeks ago and gave me a brand new box of shells that he still had. I have never shot the 150 gr. scirocco's , only the 180 gr. Since I havent reloaded any shells for this years deer season I 'm just going to use these. Have any of you used the 150 gr. scirocco's before? How did they preform on game? I'm heading out tommorow after work to see how they preform on paper. I know they are traveling out of the muzzle at 3450 ft per second. So I'm wondering about penitration...

later, M_P

I loaded some for my 300RUM and couldn't get them to group well enough for me. They probably averaged about 2 1/2 - 3 inch groups at 100yds. My buddy, on the other hand, has basically the same rifle and they shot quite well from his. Kind of a game of chance with the big mags unless your dead set on a particular bullet and want to go through a bunch of primer powder combinations. My 300RUM is partial to the 165 gr Nosler Partition. Still under the 180 weight, and hits hard.

Thanks for the information studpile. I Had just got back from shooting. They were hitting a little to the right compared to my 180 gr scirocco's. I got them zeroed and hey are grouping pretty well. I'm shooting exactly an inch high at 150 yards. I got them to do a solid 1 inch group. Now its time to see how they preform on an animal.

later, M_P

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom