300 RUM 150 grain Sciroccos

Ask your "buddy" why he bought a peterbuilt to hual a 10' trailer.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The bullet is fine. It will work fine. But, he could use 180 grain bullets and it would be closer to optimal in most folks way of thinking.

Here is the BC for the Scirocco in 150grn and 180 grn.
.430 in 150 and .522 in 180. Now here is the BC for the Nosler Accubond in 200grn,.588. Same type of bullet. If I were him I would be shooting the 200grn with the higher BC out of that gun. Like others have stated, why have a big gun only to throw a small bullet?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-09 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]I have a buddy that does that crap also. infact he shot a moose last year with that bullet. it will work, but makes 0 sence.

we have been over the 270 wsm vs. 300 rum 150 loads alot in these threads, and they are so close tell him just to go get a 270 if he wants to shoot 150's. I had to show my friend ballistic charts to get him to open his eyes, at least he is gonna try some 180's this year!

Hard, You are brutal dude. Anyway, If you are going to shoot the RUM, in MY OPINION ONLY, the heavier high BC bullets work the best. 180 gr is the MINIMUM I would reccommend in the .300 RUM. mtmuley

I,ve been goin easy on you guys latley. Just stating the obvious. :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

That's pretty light, but what the hell i shoot 165's out of my 300RUM, the gun just loves them far better than any other bullet weight, and talk about dirt naps, they have knocked several animals flat from Antelope to Moose.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom